Replacement tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What kind of driving do you do? What conditions do you encounter? On or off road? Tire choice depends on how you use your vehicle.

I use Firestone Destination LE2s and they're awesome, but they're a road tire. That's good for me in Memphis, but might not be the best for you in IA with the heavy winters you get.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks on road driving, mostly paved.

I stand behind my Firestone recommendation. I've gone through two sets (about to switch them out again) and they've been great. Low noise, smooth ride, great traction in all conditions. 60K mileage, but I usually swap out by 55k to be safe. There's also usually a coupon for $40 off, sometimes more.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 03 I picked up last spring has General Grabber HTS60 on it and they've been great and I got them at about 70% tread, they'd been on for 15k before I picked it up. I commute a mixed city/hwy..20/80 and they handle rain, snow, etc quite well. The best part? Extremely quiet, I get little to no noise from the tread pattern. If I keep this long enough to warrant replacement and still available another set will be installed. I'm in Indiana so similar weather to you.

Last edited:

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Michelin Defender LTX M/S on all our vehicles except the GT & CJ. The '16 still has the stock Good Year but when those are done will be replaced with the LTX.

JKH13

Reaction score
On my 09 Limited EL I run Cooper SRX 275/55 R20 117Hs. They are American made and I demand excellence from my tires. I often have 8 passengers and luggage for vacations. I live in snow country(N. IL) and don't care to slow down if not necessary. The SRXs are great in snow,rain or dry conditions. I run them on my truck also. I run the 117H to maximize the performance and safety of my wonderful truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett