Replacement tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10Expedition

Reaction score
PepBoys is running three for four deal on the Coopers. With free installation, nobody can beat them. I am looking at the Firestone Destination. I don't know why. Cooper seems "off brand" to me.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cooper seems "off brand" to me.

Cooper is one of the larger American made tire manufacturers. They not only make Cooper branded tires but a whole bunch of other “off brand” tires- just like how other tire manufacturers make their own lines of “off brand” tires.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would consider the BFG for the Expedition in 22" as well as my wife uses ours as the grocery getter and family school bus. What I like about the BFG it resembles a HT style tire with the 3peak snow rating. I have Toyo AT3 on my F150 and love them, but prefer more of a HT style tire for the expy.
I ran BFG rugged terrains then switched to these BFG Advantage Sports on the Sequoia. I found them to be surprisingly durable and quite good in the dirt and snow. Without the pavement performance hit the Rugged Terrains had. The Rugged Terrains were very similar to the Coopers in tread style. For sure an interesting 22’s replacement. Even the 17’s on the Sequoia they were a really nice combination of capability and pavement performance

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe I read somewhere that Cooper was just/or is in the process of being bought out by Goodyear...not that Goodyears are "all that" anymore.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe I read somewhere that Cooper was just/or is in the process of being bought out by Goodyear...not that Goodyears are "all that" anymore.
Big recall might have bombed that deal. Lots of tire shop brand tires on recall along with coopers

Reaction score
I have run Nitto Terra Grapplers on several vehicles including my last Explorer and two sets on my F150 and I have loved them. I just put the newly redesigned Toyo Open Country AT III's on my CR-V and these will be going on my Expedition. The Open Country is three peak severe weather rated and not too loud. It has been a great tire on the CR-V and the snow performance makes it so much better than my Expedition with the horrible Michelin Primacy garbage tires... seriously the worst OE "all Season" tire we've ever had on any vehicle.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check your window sticker if you still have it, the 4wds are supposed to come with A/Ts.

Nope. 4WD Limited here. HT tires all around. They are the 22’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Michelins and BFGs come out of the same facility
I’m going with the hybrid A/T BFG Advantage Sport. I had them on my Sequoia and they were a great mix of durability and traction with no down side on the pavement

They don’t sell those in 20’s or 22’s according to the link on TireRack you posted...

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They don’t sell those in 20’s or 22’s according to the link on TireRack you posted...

Interesting last time I looked they did. But now they don’t show 22’s hmm