Replacement windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I definitely understand Ford Glass is the only way to go. Although there is a vague meaning for OEM sometimes where its not as good as factory.
I know with BMW they list so many oems and only a few are good.

With factory glass as the replacement is Safelite reputable? And does Ford Dealer sub out to Safelite?
IMO, I would not use Safelite. They are a huge national chain who's reputation is sketchy. As mentioned, ask your dealer who they sub glass work to and go with them. Most likely it's a smaller local shop who gives a damn about their work.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMO, I would not use Safelite. They are a huge national chain who's reputation is sketchy. As mentioned, ask your dealer who they sub glass work to and go with them. Most likely it's a smaller local shop who gives a damn about their work.
Lol@Ford Dealers giving a damn about work quality.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol@Ford Dealers giving a damn about work quality.
Ditto what @Rob6805 said.
Having a good service advisor/service department is just as important as it was when you were reading the fine print when you bought the vehicle.
On previous threads members got upset at smaller dealers and satisfaction at bigger dealers. I have found this to be true in my own experiences as well.