Replacement windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the OE soundscreen as a replacement (my 3rd) but after the OE one was replaced, the heated elements for the wipers disappeared! Not a big deal as I felt they never really worked that great.

Also, make sure to get the camera realigned.
I don't think I've ever seen snow melt on those wiper heaters... Are they even connected somewhere?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have always used Safelite with great results, and like others on here, that's who my insurance company works directly with. However, my first time getting a new windshield on this vehicle, I decided to get Ford to do it. Was actually a pain as the dealer doesn't do the work anymore, they just order the glass and work with a local body shop to do the install. But I went that route as the dealer was almost $300 less than Safelite, as Safelite was charging substantially more labor (you know, to adjust the camera) whereas the dealer diddn't. Took overnight sadly, Safelite would have been done in two hours.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get the Ford OE glass. Don't use Safelite. Call your dealer and ask them who they use for glass replacement. It won't be Safelite..

Does Ford even replace glass anymore or do they outsource it all. I know they have a new Certified Ford Glass Network now. Wonder if Safelite is part of that. I have always had good luck with Safelite but maybe they are getting too big and losing quality.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does Ford even replace glass anymore or do they outsource it all. I know they have a new Certified Ford Glass Network now. Wonder if Safelite is part of that. I have always had good luck with Safelite but maybe they are getting too big and losing quality.
If by Ford you mean a dealer then they will definitely outsource the windshield install. The important part is that the glass used is genuine OEM.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Back in 2002 when I purchased my Mustang new it had a windshield leak. Ford ended up shipping a new OEM windshield to my local Giant Glass (Now Safelite)
They replaced the glass. Its the same exact glass as my original was with same markings etc.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I definitely understand Ford Glass is the only way to go. Although there is a vague meaning for OEM sometimes where its not as good as factory.
I know with BMW they list so many oems and only a few are good.

With factory glass as the replacement is Safelite reputable? And does Ford Dealer sub out to Safelite?