Reset computer for electronic options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi gang. Here is a good one.

on my ‘08 Expy I have trouble on and off with different features malfunctioning. I have had the easy entry seat work then stop then work again (currently not working and I tried to reset just the seat). My remote door unlock used to unlock the drivers door on first button press then the rest of the doors on second button press. Currently it opens all doors on first button press. Then last week the door locks locked when our speed reached the set point. Then a few minutes later they unlocked by themselves while driving. I am hoping there is a way to do a general system reset and maybe re-sync everything. Is there a way to do a reset or not? I’m hoping to NOT have to take it to the dealer.

if it matters, I did loose a factory key and recently purchased another one and had it programmed.

Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
Robert Smith

Robert Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Chuck

Do you mean my post #2? I’m not sure how to find it to update it.

OP
OP
Robert Smith

Robert Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have an update to my electronics problem. Through a series of events I discovered my alternator was bad. My mechanic replaced the alternator and the serpentine belt. It took a day or two for all the modules to reset but everything I had a problem with, is working again! With the exception of my remote unlock. The remote still unlock all the locks at once. Where in the past the first button press would unlock the drivers side door, and the second press would unlock everything else. If anybody knows why that would be I’d appreciate a post. If not I can live with it! Have a great day!

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have an update to my electronics problem. Through a series of events I discovered my alternator was bad. My mechanic replaced the alternator and the serpentine belt. It took a day or two for all the modules to reset but everything I had a problem with, is working again! With the exception of my remote unlock. The remote still unlock all the locks at once. Where in the past the first button press would unlock the drivers side door, and the second press would unlock everything else. If anybody knows why that would be I’d appreciate a post. If not I can live with it! Have a great day!
These vehicles like a steady diet of 12-14 volts nowadays.

OP
OP
Robert Smith

Robert Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You’re right 07navi. I always knew good voltage was important. But I didn’t realize how far reaching the effect would be. Lesson learned.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69