Right side higher than left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rnettleship

Reaction score
I have a 98 Navigator with 4 wheel air suspension. The right side of the vehicle is a good 3 inches higher than the left. I can see all air springs and shocks raising and lowering but for some reason the balance from right to left is off. I know the system only has a 2 ride height sensors and would think it would balance the pressure between the 2 air springs in the back and the 2 shock in the front. No error codes present ion the 4WAS section and the ride height sensors are working.

My thought is possibly a clogged line or a bad R/R solenoid that is restricting the air flow.

Any thoughts?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
idk...I can only suggest to do the conversion to never have to deal with the many problems that may arise and be done with it

OP
OP
R

rnettleship

Reaction score
A bit of a last resort. I tow a trailer and appreciate the load leveling aspects of the system.

R4mbo

Reaction score
I have the air suspension on my expedition as well and sometimes it does the same on the rear. Keep us informed if you find anything.

Also, i don't want to do the spring conversion

R4mbo

RGTFanatic

Reaction score
A bit of a last resort. I tow a trailer and appreciate the load leveling aspects of the system.

It may just be me, but it sounds like "load leveling" is the one aspect your air suspension is failing in.

You can do the conversion AND add air bag assist that's completely in your control.

OP
OP
R

rnettleship

Reaction score
I suspect it was a dirty electrical connections on the L/R air spring solenoid. With the l/r down on air it makes the r/f look ridiculously high. I pulled the solenoid out, bench tested, cleaned the electric connection as well as the plug and it seems fine now. My best guess is that the solenoid was not always opening or closing all the way when commanded to inflate causing it to be lower than the other air spring. Time will tell.