Roush Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've noticed in this debate on performance that the most obvious "bang per buck" has been overlooked. Most of our students utilize this wonder product when they start our program. Their cars and trucks are plastered with them. At this point you are probably wondering the product is......

Decals & stickers - Summit and Jegs are good for 20 hp each... The other brands run between 5-10 hp. Put a K&N sticker on and your airflow almost doubles.....
Like this? Maybe I'm doing this whole sticker thing wrong.... (not sure why the pic shows up three times, I apologize)

DgJp5H1X0AESUin.jpgDgJp5H1X0AESUin.jpg DgJp5H1X0AESUin.jpg

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Once we get past to obvious jokes, Recalibrating the ECU with software from a reputable tuning house such as Livernois Motor Sports or others will give you the most bang for your buck. All the other options such as intake & exhaust mods will have little impact without the software upgrades. :33:

OP
OP
Randy Schmidt

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Once we get past to obvious jokes, Recalibrating the ECU with software from a reputable tuning house such as Livernois Motor Sports or others will give you the most bang for your buck. All the other options such as intake & exhaust mods will have little impact without the software upgrades. :33:
I believe that you are correct. But still, tons and I mean tons of people put intakes and exhaust on their car/trucks/suv's. There must be some reason...

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe they like the added noise but as far as any significant increases in power output, I seriously doubt it without software changes
The 25-40% increase in power obtained with software recalibration is obviously the most bang for your buck:33:

OP
OP
Randy Schmidt

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe they like the added noise but as far as any significant increases in power output, I seriously doubt it without software changes
The 25-40% increase in power obtained with software recalibration is obviously the most bang for your buck:33:
Couldn't agree more. I have a tune on my GL550, which is a Twin Turbo V8. Tons more power after the tune. Like 80 hp and 100 torque more...