Rust on 4 rocker panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenL

Reaction score
I have significant rust in all four rocker panels front and back seats. I tried searching, but didn't really find but I was looking for.

2009 extended XL Expy.

Somebody mentioned taping it up. Others mention that water drains into this area. I also noticed there are sets of rocker covers on eBay, but I'm not sure if that's really what I'm looking for.

I also have water sloshing around inside the doors. Was thinking drilling a tiny hole at bottom of each door to let escape?

Any wisdom here would be appreciated.

I was going to upload a picture, I don't seem to grasp the philosophy. It only seemed to allow an image URL??

Plati

Reaction score
I have significant rust in all four rocker panels front and back seats. I tried searching, but didn't really find but I was looking for.

2009 extended XL Expy.

Somebody mentioned taping it up. Others mention that water drains into this area. I also noticed there are sets of rocker covers on eBay, but I'm not sure if that's really what I'm looking for.

I also have water sloshing around inside the doors. Was thinking drilling a tiny hole at bottom of each door to let escape?

Any wisdom here would be appreciated.

I was going to upload a picture, I don't seem to grasp the philosophy. It only seemed to allow an image URL??
Some recent posts on water in door, can search Forum for others ...
already drain holes there
https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...thout-tearing-rubber-seals.44395/#post-402961

Posting a picture is a 2 part process
1) upload the image (use button in bottom)
2) insert in your post

The rockers are rusted from inside out.
Just let them go now, or hire someone professional.

Thejkwest

Reaction score
So I that's pretty rusted out on the driver side on my '07. It's not bad rust at all on the passenger side. I got the cover you talked about for the driver side. I plan to do a YouTube video at some point on how it goes for the install. I'll post a link when I do it.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk