Sad first day... Multiple Malfunctions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, I have already had recurring issues on my 1 day old vehicle. I purchased the car with 25 miles, and I think it was around 30 miles when the errors started appearing.

Now, every time I drive, I am getting multiple issues:

- Blind Spot System Fault
- Restraint Fault
- Drive Control Malfunction
- Cross Traffic System Fault

After I get all of these beeps, the center stack goes dead -- heater turns off, Auto Start/Stop quits working, radio controls stop working, phone disconnects, and once (while driving) the steering wheel and driver seat moved as it does when you turn off the car.

After about 5-10 minutes, another alert comes up (can't remember what it says) and then everything comes back "online".

I already took it to the dealer and they pulled about 17 pages of error codes. They cleared everything out in hopes it was a glitch and said that they are keeping the ticket open for a week.

Well, it keeps happening. Unfortunately, by the time I got back in town, the service center was closed. They will not be open until Monday morning.

Love everything else about the vehicle except this.

Anyone else hear about this happening?

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like either a bad ground or computer module. Maybe even a bad battery not sending enough voltage thru the system. Sorry for the bad luck but it’s under warranty. Demand a loaner, a one day old vehicle shouldn’t behave that way.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A “glitch” (as well as a bug, gremlin, etc.) is a term used by anything connected to a computer that is really nothing more than a defect.

Something is wrong - I wish you luck getting it fixed. I would be so frustrated and probably demand another vehicle.

Pete6114

Reaction score
Not sure if Transport mode would behave like that or not, but it would be one of my questions to the dealer.

m3bs

Reaction score
I'd bet on the battery. Had it been sitting on the lot for some time? Mine was delivered with a dealer installed replacement battery. It had been on the lot for a couple of months.

A friend of mine just bought a new Porsche 911 last week. Similar issues. Flatbedded it back to dealer yesterday to get it straightened out.

Plati

Reaction score
Problems with a brand new vehicle isn't uncommon. Doesn't make it any more pleasant. I had drivetrain issues with my 2003 I bought new. Multiple trips back to the Dealer for Service. Eventually fixed and its been a great vehicle ever since. Stay on them and expect it to be made whole with a good loaner until its 100% or replaced.

At Xerox we had a policy of "like for like" aka "replacement of the whole damn thing"

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had something very similar and it was a loose ground wire in passenger kick panel area.

ryanenorth

Reaction score
We had the exact same issues in July with our new Expedition. One day after getting it every error code and warning light came on. It was undriveable as the power steering didn’t work. My wife was stranded several times in the first two days. We finally got it to run and dropped it off at the dealership. It took a lot of fighting to get an equivalent loaner and it took them a month in the shop, while replacing three computer modules. We haven’t had any issues since we got it back but we are still fighting over some just compensation. The initial offer was an extended warranty that was worse that the one we had already purchased, and would have cost us out of pocket to make equivalent to the one we had already purchased.

LittleJohn

Reaction score
I had the exact or almost the exact same set of errors when I was wiring up hot on ignition wires to my extra accessories from fuse 27 or 28 (if memory serves) under the hood. When they worked themselves loose I experienced what you did. Its the pair of blue 15 amp fuses between two rows, check them, heck replace them both just in case.