Scammed or Clueless? 2009 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
R

rcanfiel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They have 17 1-star reviews on Yelp and 1 clearly bogus 5-star review. They also spammed Ripoff Report with clearly bogus reviews. And your original warranty no longer applies to the engine.

yelp is hardly the Gold Standard of review sites. They are spammed by both business owners (questionable 5 stars) and competitors (questionable 1 stars) alike. 3 of the 1 stars are in the last couple weeks.

Endurance has a 4.83/5.0 on BBB with over 650 reviews and an A+ rating. These are real customers.

8.2/10 on trustpilot (over 80 reviews)

4.7/5 on consumeraffairs (366 reviews)

As to Ripoff Reports, you should actually try to read them, rather than just list them. There is an Endurance response to each, and it looks like Ripoff Reports themselves were satisfied with the company's responses, in the few that I actually looked at.

Many people who think the warranty coverage should address everything turn to reviews to complain. Sometimes, they try to get coverage even for things not covered.

With dealer provided coverage (diff company), I actually agreed with the warranty company's assessment that it was preexisting. It was. The dealer should be responsible.

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious as I am in the process of looking for a newer Expedition and it would be nice to know who to avoid. And I would bet that others on this forum would be interested in knowing as well.

What was the name of the NJ dealer and what ford dealership did you take the Expy to

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yelp is hardly the Gold Standard of review sites. They are spammed by both business owners (questionable 5 stars) and competitors (questionable 1 stars) alike. 3 of the 1 stars are in the last couple weeks.

Endurance has a 4.83/5.0 on BBB with over 650 reviews and an A+ rating. These are real customers.

8.2/10 on trustpilot (over 80 reviews)

4.7/5 on consumeraffairs (366 reviews)

As to Ripoff Reports, you should actually try to read them, rather than just list them. There is an Endurance response to each, and it looks like Ripoff Reports themselves were satisfied with the company's responses, in the few that I actually looked at.

Many people who think the warranty coverage should address everything turn to reviews to complain. Sometimes, they try to get coverage even for things not covered.

With dealer provided coverage (diff company), I actually agreed with the warranty company's assessment that it was preexisting. It was. The dealer should be responsible.

In other words, you're discounting all of the negative reviews and only acknowledging those that support the conclusion you wish to reach. BBB ratings are pointless if the company is a member since members will always have a positive rating as long as they pay their dues. My point with Ripoffreport is that Endurance spammed Ripoffreport with the same bogus review, repeatedly; reputable companies don't do that. Regardless, if your warranty does indeed exclude (in writing) problems that existed when you purchased the vehicle, then they could choose to exclude everything on a used vehicle, as it could always be argued that the problem existed when you purchased the vehicle. If you had a Ford CPO warranty, it would have covered your engine (and Ford is pretty shady about their warranty practices). At the end of the day, you got royally f**ked and don't really seem to care, so I'm not really sure why you ever posted here in the first place. Yes, you got scammed and your posts clearly indicate that they got the right sucker.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When does this soap opera season end?

Buy a VW, they include mechanic training if you can read..... you're always working on it.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Comes with a modern version of a repair manual of the Volkswagens complete guide for repair for idiots. Loved reading that original book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In other words, you're discounting all of the negative reviews and only acknowledging those that support the conclusion you wish to reach. BBB ratings are pointless if the company is a member since members will always have a positive rating as long as they pay their dues. My point with Ripoffreport is that Endurance spammed Ripoffreport with the same bogus review, repeatedly; reputable companies don't do that. Regardless, if your warranty does indeed exclude (in writing) problems that existed when you purchased the vehicle, then they could choose to exclude everything on a used vehicle, as it could always be argued that the problem existed when you purchased the vehicle. If you had a Ford CPO warranty, it would have covered your engine (and Ford is pretty shady about their warranty practices). At the end of the day, you got royally f**ked and don't really seem to care, so I'm not really sure why you ever posted here in the first place. Yes, you got scammed and your posts clearly indicate that they got the right sucker.

I actually like this site because I can learn about my brand new 2007 rust free EL Limited.

Man up , I'll shut up, what the heck do you bring to the conversation? .

I actually like reading about a forum member's experience.

Especially a member that keeps us updated and educated as to what happens.

If you would like, I'm willing to go Hitch to hitch with you.

Bitchcakes will eat your expy for breakfast.
We all have a common goal. Take yours to the ******forum. It's at ********.com.

My apologies moderators. I'm new but fed up with a thread that could be helpfull except for a member's useless drivel, and probably has truck nuts for a door knocker

0924160857.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sorry you have an issue with the OP. What the hell does that accomplish?.

We may see what Endurance does. And that's bad how?

I bought a 2003 f150 with 19 miles on the OD, rusted out, and I stopped oil changes at 140k, I just added a quart every few months ( I knew it was dead, but I couldn't kill it) I sold her at 168,000. Now I have a 2007 expy from Utah bought in Kansas City and shipped to Massachusetts. I will come here to keep her alive. There are some smart dudes here.

Don't ruin this site with stupid criticism.

Just move along

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I actually like this site because I can learn about my brand new 2007 rust free EL Limited.

Man up , I'll shut up, what the heck do you bring to the conversation? .

I actually like reading about a forum member's experience.

Especially a member that keeps us updated and educated as to what happens.

If you would like, I'm willing to go Hitch to hitch with you.

Bitchcakes will eat your expy for breakfast.
We all have a common goal. Take yours to the ****** forum. It's at *********.com.

My apologies moderators. I'm new but fed up with a thread that could be helpfull except for a member's useless drivel, and probably has truck nuts for a door knocker

View attachment 19090

If you've been keeping up with the thread, you will note that virtually everyone is banging their head against the wall with this guy. He came here, seemingly, looking for some help regarding a dealer that scammed him. Ultimately, he let the dealer take him for $11K, coughed up another $7K and then chastised everyone who basically told him he was nuts. He has refused, repeatedly, to name the dealer. He's made it pretty clear that he doesn't care that he lost $11K. He's complimented the warranty company for ... not honoring the warranty. So what was the point of it all? And despite all of his stupidity, I remained polite until he started to cop an attitude with me as he did with everyone else. As for you, you are more than welcome to stop in here any time you're in NJ or PA. You can leave the Expedition home. We won't need it to settle things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition