SCT tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey @LokiWolf ,

Quick question. On my previous vehicle I had a diablosport tuner that allowed me to not only apply cust tunes, but do things like adjust tire/wheel sizes, adjust throttle response, etc. Of the tuners you listed, are there any that are similar to that? I liked the diablosport, their service was really good if there were issues. I was looking at the HP RTD bit if I read it correctly, it essentially only Los and applies tunes, not necessarily other configs, is that right?

Technically they can all do it.

FORSCAN can make speedometer changes to a limited degree also.

The issue is whether the user can change them.

Of the 4 I mentioned the HyperTech is the only one directly controllable via the Handheld itself.

The others, the person writing the tunes can change.

The only one of the 4 I mentioned usable by more than one company is the HPT MPVI2. If you don’t plan on ever doing your own tuning, then I actually recommend the RTD instead of the MPVI2. It is the more user level device.

Who ever is doing your tuning, can adjust tire size, and throttle response in the tune. They should already be messing with the throttle response to some degree already. But you can have them adjust it exactly to your preference, instead of some preset levels(Like HyperTech).

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@LokiWolf - Thank you, as always! I was pretty drawn to the hypertech or the rtd, so that's good to know. I certainly don't intend to do any manual tuning, would be nice to be able to modify other things if they come up rather than paying for/asking for a new custom tune, but I don't have the resource to effectively tune and test, outside of just feel.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@LokiWolf - Thank you, as always! I was pretty drawn to the hypertech or the rtd, so that's good to know. I certainly don't intend to do any manual tuning, would be nice to be able to modify other things if they come up rather than paying for/asking for a new custom tune, but I don't have the resource to effectively tune and test, outside of just feel.

Most places do not charge extra for small changes. Most that tune with the RTD will get you to log after you load the tune, and they will make tweaks from there. That is your chance to ask for things like, making the throttle more/less aggressive. Also if the Trans shifts weird for one particular gear change. Things like that.

I highly recommend ZFG, but he is not accepting new customers right now. He should be getting back in the game very soon though.

The HyperTech was only a small bump in power, on the 17 it was fine for the wife, until I loaded ZFG’s tune, and tweaked it with Adam. She was sold. I did try it on the 2020 too, just for a few weeks. Just to see. It was a small bump, but the shifting was unpredictable. I did work with a HyperTech Engineer, and he got it better, but still not good.

The 2020 is now running a ZFG E85(Stock Pump) tune. In all the gas craziness around here the past week, I pulled up to the pump, grabbed the yellow handle, filled up and drove away. No shortage for me!!! HAHA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That was the next question, was anyone that's compared say a 5star tune using the RTD, vs. the Hypertech. The Hypertech has some pretty crazy power claims on the site, when you look at the dyno results. Wasn't sure I believed it that much. It is quite a bit cheaper and does allow for easy tweaking of other settings.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That was the next question, was anyone that's compared say a 5star tune using the RTD, vs. the Hypertech. The Hypertech has some pretty crazy power claims on the site, when you look at the dyno results. Wasn't sure I believed it that much. It is quite a bit cheaper and does allow for easy tweaking of other settings.

You feel the difference on the HyperTech over stock. But the change to a full on tuning company like ZFG or 5Star, is night and day.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Re: ECU Strategy SWPN - Sales Receipt 31102 from 5 Star Tuning LLC
May 19 at 9:15 AM
PrintRaw message
photo

5 Star Tuning Sales <[email protected]>

Thank you, allow us 7 business days
Sales
843-536-1244 Ext. 111
mail

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: ECU Strategy SWPN - Sales Receipt 31102 from 5 Star Tuning LLC
May 19 at 9:15 AM
PrintRaw message
photo

5 Star Tuning Sales <[email protected]>
Thank you, allow us 7 business days
Sales
843-536-1244 Ext. 111
mail

He literally linked to messages in his inbox…

Dude, you realize it doesn’t work that way right? You need to screen shot it or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry about that Gentlemen. Thank you for correcting my errors. Bad form on my part. What I get for multitasking failure. Wont happen again.