SCT tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought my SCT Livewire TS+ from https://fuelinjection.com/ in San Antonio TX for 650 over the counter.

As far as I can tell, ZFG does not support the SCT tuners.

OH! A Livewire. Yeah, more expensive than a X4. Can actually be used on more than one vehicle with additional vehicle kits. Also has gauges and stuff built in and a bigger display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cars.jpg
OH! A Livewire. Yeah, more expensive than a X4. Can actually be used on more than one vehicle with additional vehicle kits. Also has gauges and stuff built in and a bigger display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nothing it offers is worth the price of admission.
I'm not sure what a "vehicle kit" is, but as i bought it, it can only be use on one vehicle, and it can only be switched between vehicles 5 times total.
the display interface is crap, the gauges are mostly useless.

i try not to show it, but i am very unhappy with SCT.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SCT finally got a tune to flash on my vehicle. Only took a week :(

The 5 star tune is pretty sweet. Took the expedition for a 50 mile drive today and the extra power is quite nice.

I will have to say the first tech I spoke to at SCT left something to be desired, but after I didn't have to deal with that person everyone else was very pleasant.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SCT finally got a tune to flash on my vehicle. Only took a week :(

The 5 star tune is pretty sweet. Took the expedition for a 50 mile drive today and the extra power is quite nice.

I will have to say the first tech I spoke to at SCT left something to be desired, but after I didn't have to deal with that person everyone else was very pleasant.

I'm confused. are 5 star and SCT the same company?

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No SCT is the flashing device brand...

5 star did the tune

sorry to be so dense - the older I get the more i need crayons.

so, 5 star wrote a tune that SCT flashed onto your livewire tuner? really stupid question - I thought the tunes were something we loaded onto our devices without vendor assistance? using the vendor software, like the SCT Updater, but essentially on our own. ??

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
sorry to be so dense - the older I get the more i need crayons.

so, 5 star wrote a tune that SCT flashed onto your livewire tuner? really stupid question - I thought the tunes were something we loaded onto our devices without vendor assistance? using the vendor software, like the SCT Updater, but essentially on our own. ??

The Doug is using an XCal 4. A different device than the Livewire. Work basically the same. Both come with preloaded tunes from SCT. The Doug got tunes from 5 Star instead of using the preloaded tunes from SCT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
E

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Decided on my end to RMA the SCT X4 and go with the nguage.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Decided on my end to RMA the SCT X4 and go with the nguage.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Excellent choice in comparison. Not as good as the RTD for logging, but MUCH better than the X4!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awaiting my tunes from 5 Star, using the SCT X4. Honestly I don’t intend to have it sitting on my dash doing data logging, etc. I just need it to load a tune, primarily looking to change the transmission a little. I’d like the same firmness/quickness shifting as normal mode but I’d like it to be in less of a “rush” to get to 10th; let he engine rev just a little. Something between normal and sport. I don’t like how harsh shifts are in sport, and I don’t like that it never shifts into 10th in sport unless going pretty fast. HP gains on top of that are just a bonus to me. Am I really going to miss the features of the HP? Especially considering it was $200+ more?

FWIW the SCT X4 is still light years better than the Diablo Sport DCX tuner I used to tune my 2011 Grand Cherokee. That thing took FOREVER to boot and was slow AF. It did what it needed to though, loaded a tune from Hemifever and loved the results. I don’t know that it made more HP, but it dramatically changed how the transmission shifted. Loved the vehicle even more after that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nameisbry