Seafoam Anyone ?

Do you use Seafoam ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've done it on my first gen with a 4.6 just fine but not too long ago I did it to my 3rd gen and after I was done it idled a little ruff but went away short after.

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay.. I got screwed...

Sprayed SF into the throttle body with the new spray can/fancy tube. After letting the expy sit for 5minutes. Started expy, no smoke... I guess my car is clean... HOWEVER.. I now have an irritating hum at low idle resonating thru the cold air intake.

I have identified the possible location, by yanking out the vacuum host that is connected to my K&N to the throttle body adapter under the firewall, and placing my thumb over the open hose. The humming stopped.

I am wondering if I just crapped out the solenoid attached to the throttle body adapter...

Anyone experienced this weird hum that resonates thru the air filter?

K!
:head3:

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your truck wasn't warmed up before you did it then it won't work well and won't smoke. Also even with the spray can you should shoot it into a vacuum hose. Works better.

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your truck wasn't warmed up before you did it then it won't work well and won't smoke. Also even with the spray can you should shoot it into a vacuum hose. Works better.

Was warmed up.. Ran to the store to try this.... Obviously... I f'up somewhere :)

Hopefully Napa has a IAC on hand tomorrow...

Thanks!!
:head3:

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright I took the plunge. I have added it to the brake booster (letting it set for a bit as I type this) and added like half a can to the oil. I have a valve that loves to tick when the engine is cold so I figured what the hell. I will post back if I see any difference. I did not put a lot into the booster line, maybe like 1/3 of the can. It is dark out so we will see if I can see any smoke.

And yes I have a little left in the can so my fractions are fairly accurate haha.

AFTER: Well it does seem to have helped. I did not get a whole lot of smoke, but then again it is dark, and my exhaust ends before the rear axle, so it was tough to tell from the driver seat. However the engine feels more free i guess you could say. Does not need as much throttle input, and it does seem to run smoother through the power band. I must say I had my doubts, but with nearly 215k on her, I can only imagine what it must look like on the inside. As for adding it to the oil, I doubt it will fix my lifter, and I wont know until tomorrow morning anyways.

Last edited:

Berg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So how much should go in the oil/tank/other places?