Seat Cooling Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've noticed that when I turn on the seat cooling, the bottom gets cold with air blowing, but the back only blows air (no cooling). Is that how its supposed to work?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check mine to see. I think it is just the seat bottom that I've noticed, But I will check and let you know.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Seat bottom should cool, back should just blow air

Bigbadbull

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I read in the owners manual that there is a filter in the seat that you can replace if there are issues with the Seat upper air flow on the HVAC seats.

OP
OP
B

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I read in the owners manual that there is a filter in the seat that you can replace if there are issues with the Seat upper air flow on the HVAC seats.

Thanks, I've got lots of airflow in fact the air coming through the holes in the seat and the fan itself is noticeable. This is my first new vehicle since 1985 (no shit), and I traded a 2006 Explorer XLT so all these new-fangled gadgets are still a bit of a mystery...sorta like Granny and Jed buying a house that has a ceee-ment pond.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that when I turn on the seat cooling, the bottom gets cold with air blowing, but the back only blows air (no cooling). Is that how its supposed to work?
I tried it on our 8-hour drive from Indiana to Pennsylvania. The seat bottom gets very cold and the seat back gets cold or cool depending on your point of view. It took the seat back 3-4 times longer to get cold than the seat bottom.