Seat Heater problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay, so both times I've replaced the battery in my 2007 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer, the heated and cooled seats have stopped functioning. When the buttons are pressed the two lights will come on and immediately turn back off.

I tried pulling the fuse as suggested in another thread and it had no effect. The last time it was repaired by the dealer, but I really don't want to pay my $100 deductible for something so simple. Anyone know how I can repair this myself? Seems like a really bad design that it fails whenever the battery is replaced.

jasonlmarsh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's odd, I recently replaced my battery and did not have any issues with the seat heaters afterward.

Bmaguire36

Reaction score
Did you ever get the seat heater fixed? Although I didn't replace the battery, my driver side seat heater is doing the same thing. When I push the button the lights flicker and it does not come on.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you ever get the seat heater fixed? Although I didn't replace the battery, my driver side seat heater is doing the same thing. When I push the button the lights flicker and it does not come on.

I had this issue with my seats as well in my 2011 EL. In my case it turned out to be a bad control module and a shorted wiring harness that they believe was the cause of the control module getting fried. I don't know what the shop manual lists as the official process for replacement, but can tell you the dealership that fixed mine pulled the driver seat out at the very least.