Seeking recommendations of after market roof rack side rails in a chrome look/satin aluminum.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumei J Gomez

Reaction score
Seeking recommendations of after market roof rack side rails in a chrome look/satin aluminum for a 2019 Expedition Max.

I am aware of OEM but I have not found aftermarket:
Right Roof Rail - Ford JL1Z-4055114-JA
Left Roof Rail - Ford JL1Z-4055115-JA

Thank you

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked at so many roof racks. I am pretty sure you will have to have something custom made if you want different side rails other than factory. LGE-CTS makes a new roof rack that they could maybe chrome for you. They are one offs and expensive. You could have the track installed and get satin crossbars. Track would still be black but super low profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry guys, this one must have slipped by me. To add to the post above. They told me everything was built to order. Nothing was sitting there ready to go. I really like their set up, but I have the moonroof and they would have to make a custom one anyway. I wanted to still be able to open the front. If I really like the Expy enough to buy a second one. I will order a platinum without the moonroof. Should be way quieter and easier to but a rack on it.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The stock chrome looking rails as far as I can tell are plastic covers over the actual rail. My platinum has them. They will easily get marked up as I start putting my long cross bars on for our canoe and other junk.

If your OCD about it just keep in mind the giant glass roof offers zero sound insulation so any modifications or aftermarket bars are going to be noisy. I could hear my wet ski boots tip over in my roof box last week as I was getting on the highway. Yeah first car in 20yrs of roof box use I could hear my boots fall over. LOL

Active families with roof gear the no option to not get the giant glass roof is a negative.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something else to add to the huge moonroof problem with a platform . I live in Utah and had a Rhino Rack installed as close to the roof as possible. I wanted it low profile for parking garages and looks. It was pretty loud so I installed the front air dam. Still loud but better. We got a few day of snow. The platform was so close to the top of the truck you couldn’t clean the snow out from under it. After a few days of freeze/thaw it was pieces of ice trapped under the rack banging and pushing on the glass. Raised the platform 4” with some Yakima heavy duty rails and clamps. I can easily get the snow out and the wind noise has been cut in half. Looks like ass though, but I’m not worried about breaking the glass.