Service Ramps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the rhino polymer ramps. I use them, but I am planning to buy metal ones in the near future. I see the sides buckling slightly when the expedition is on the ramp, which is not confidence inspiring.

I have a set of Rhino's that i've used for my past 3 vehicles, and they seem to be handling this rig quite well. Used them over 10 times now.

This is what all the reviews from the rhino ramps look like... some are great and some seem a little scary. (Buckling ramps while underneath is not something I want.) I personally think it comes down to quality control from this company. Several reviews I checked out showed an uneven bottom so it did not sit level on your garage floor.

Maybe I will have some jacks on each side as a backup to the ramp and give them a shot.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My minivan is pretty heavy but I don't notice the buckling. The wide tires of the expedition put higher weight on the ramp sides at the area right above the large cutout, which causes this buckling.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought 2 pairs of these and used them to install F/R Hellwig sway bars. Still put jack stands under the Expy due to the reviews I read on the ramps. No visible bulking.

042AEE5B-0352-4308-8AB6-9B81437469DB.jpeg

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still put jack stands under the Expy due to the reviews I read on the ramps. No visible bulking.

Got the same ones. If I'm in the garage on the slick floor i just jack the truck and place it on the ramps. (Once it is on the ramp there is no sliding)

Then jack the back of the truck and put on ramps if I need all four. Super easy and usually quicker (defiantly safer) than trying to drive up all four.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the same ones. If I'm in the garage on the slick floor i just jack the truck and place it on the ramps. (Once it is on the ramp there is no sliding)

Then jack the back of the truck and put on ramps if I need all four. Super easy and usually quicker (defiantly safer) than trying to drive up all four.

When I epoxy'd my garage floor I mixed silica sand into the top coat, so there is traction. I can drive up 4 ramps easily without them sliding! I do it on occasion. I bet a slick floor could be an issue tho...

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I decided to chance it with the rhino ramps... this may be the only time I use them so I will just have jack stands underneath while doing front sway bar on the ramps.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I decided to chance it with the rhino ramps... this may be the only time I use them so I will just have jack stands underneath while doing front sway bar on the ramps.

Why do you say chance it? I've got 3 sets of these and I've used them hundreds of times with vehicles from 3,000lbs to vehicles around 10,000 lbs. I've looked at them and they never show any movement or distortion that I can see.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had both sets of recent RRs get wonky on me, to include the HD.

Replaced them at store but I only use them to raise the vehicle and put jacks underneath. I have older ones that work great and have never warped but whatever Chi-Com recycled plastic they are using now is NOT up to standard--IMHO

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had both sets of recent RRs get wonky on me, to include the HD.

Replaced them at store but I only use them to raise the vehicle and put jacks underneath. I have older ones that work great and have never warped but whatever Chi-Com recycled plastic they are using now is NOT up to standard--IMHO

Mine are 10-15 years old, so maybe I have the good ones?....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscoford