Service Ramps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What brand ramp have you all bought for working on things under your expeditions?

I have read up on the rhino ramps but have come across some real horror stories about catastrophic failures. What quality brand is out there?

I wanted a little more room to do my front sway bar since that thing is pretty heavy and crawling under the expedition doesn't give much room on front. (Compared to rear)

Thanks in advance!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get the strongest ones they make. I put my 3/4 ton diesel crew cab 4x4 on them and they're solid as a rock. They're rated for like 10K a pair. Just always use them on cement type floor, not dirt. idiots put them on dirt and they can fail....

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At least a 3 ton floor jack and a quality pair of heavy duty jack stands is my preference.

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At least a 3 ton floor jack and a quality pair of heavy duty jack stands is my preference.

That is my preference as well with most things.

Tough to do the sway bars without the suspension loaded, so ramps are easier for this job. Important to use E-brake and wheel chocks to keep anything from moving.

The sway bar is the only reason I am looking into ramps.

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get the strongest ones they make. I put my 3/4 ton diesel crew cab 4x4 on them and they're solid as a rock. They're rated for like 10K a pair. Just always use them on cement type floor, not dirt. idiots put them on dirt and they can fail....

What brand do you have?

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the rhino polymer ramps. I use them, but I am planning to buy metal ones in the near future. I see the sides buckling slightly when the expedition is on the ramp, which is not confidence inspiring.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a set of Rhino's that i've used for my past 3 vehicles, and they seem to be handling this rig quite well. Used them over 10 times now.