Skid plate / Engine lower pan/shield/cover needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Does anyone have the factory skid plate that they might have taken off and want to get rid of it? I'm looking for the one that goes under the oil pan and the one in front of that.
This would be for a 15-17 Expy. Thanks.

upload_2019-7-25_14-0-27.png

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these the same covera that would be under an 07? Mine is missing them entirely

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Are these the same covera that would be under an 07? Mine is missing them entirely

They're similar, but not the same. My 07 has them, but my 17 is missing them.

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Actually not so interested in the steel skidplate as I am the plastic cover under the front. A skidplate would just be a bonus.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d just get the RCI Engine skid plate as it replaces both of those.
https://rcimetalworks.com/product/09-14-f-150-engine-skid-plate/

I have not replaced my OEM engine skid yet but will when I get the money. The OEM engine one is decent but the fiber transmission skid in not anything for protection so it was replaced first and great quality. Wish I had the cash at the moment for the engine skid but don’t and it actually provides some protection so it will work for the time being.

Also you may just be using that pic for reference but that transfer case skid plate won’t fit the 15-17s.
We have a different one and it plus mounting hardware is like $35 and well worth it.
I made a thread awhile back with all the part numbers and install pics.
Stupid not to do it as cheap as it is since the TC just hangs out there without it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I’d just get the RCI Engine skid plate as it replaces both of those.
https://rcimetalworks.com/product/09-14-f-150-engine-skid-plate/

I have not replaced my OEM engine skid yet but will when I get the money. The OEM engine one is decent but the fiber transmission skid in not anything for protection so it was replaced first and great quality. Wish I had the cash at the moment for the engine skid but don’t and it actually provides some protection so it will work for the time being.

Also you may just be using that pic for reference but that transfer case skid plate won’t fit the 15-17s.
We have a different one and it plus mounting hardware is like $35 and well worth it.
I made a thread awhile back with all the part numbers and install pics.
Stupid not to do it as cheap as it is since the TC just hangs out there without it.
Thanks. The pic was just for reference. I did see your thread about the transfer case skid plate. I'm sure I'll do that at some point. I don't need any serious skid plates right now. I just want them for covers. I'd put the RCI on there, but it's a lot of coin and my EL is never going to be a rock crawler. I want them, but they aren't high on the priority list.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev