Snow in CO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edwindo

Reaction score
Well, the storm finally finished in the night, and we were out on the south edge, but it was a doozy. Here, we had 6-8 inches of snowfall, with 30-40 mph winds. Further north from us, it just got deeper. Lots of roads closed, even I-70 east of Denver was shut down.

We had some unexpected company last night, a single guy and his elderly mother were trying to drive up north somewhere in a 94 minivan, on rural roads and into the wind. Didn't end well. We kept them for the night, and then a buddy that lives south has a big JD front-end loader. Drove up and pulled them out. Used the Expy as a ferry to get the people around to their vehicle. Drove through some big drifts, had fun. Wish I had taken a picture of us this morning on the road, but forgot to.

Here's my rig sitting out in the driveway:
6818889937_c2fca8066f_b.jpg
IMGP7204 by ed crockett, on Flickr

Here's looking south-east from my house, out across the prairie.
6818897805_521ffda63e_b.jpg
IMGP7207 by ed crockett, on Flickr

And for all you city folks that haven't seen how snow gets cleared in the country:
6818904533_1bd56fd57e_b.jpg
IMGP7221 by ed crockett, on Flickr

Last night, listened on my county radio to all the accidents and the stranded motorists. I'm on a Volunteer Fire Dept, and thankfully we didn't have to go out, but the department to the north of us was working on about 8-9 different stuck cars and trucks. Heard that El Paso county got 2 maintainers stuck on one of the roads west of us some how. That's a bad day when you auger 2 of 'em in!

Sun's out now, though, and it's pretty looking at the snow!

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i know the feeling, we got about 20" yesterday and had the highways down to 1 lane each way. took me 45mins to get home when it normally takes 10 an i'm only 8 miles away haha

expy looks great! mines all packed with snow also.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It sucks that we haven't gotten any snow this year. This winter sucks ass.

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
didnt get much here, just a couple inches... being close to the mountain in Co springs thought we'd get more but we didnt, Denver got hit pretty hard..

OP
OP
E

Edwindo

Reaction score
Since we've lived here, I'm always amazed at how the Springs seem to escape big snowfall. Seems like there's always a weather hole there. Makes it nice, though. Personally I think the weather in the Springs (and out here where I live, more or less) is about perfect.

ZuluBravoTango

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I remember in 1985 maybe it was 86... We had a blizzard... There was 4 ft on Academy.... We had to dig ourselves out of our house, dad went out my bedroom window. But yeah, they escape the snow some. There were big snows in the early 2000's too. Heh Colorado born and raised...