So the check engine light started blinking...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The AC setting has no effect on the amount of hp used to run the compressor. Max ac recycles the cabin air - cooling and reducing the interior humidity level. The regular ac setting sources outside air.

Well, that makes it a little better, but for the sake of keeping the car colder and cooling it faster I think I'll get the back AC working anyway...

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might also consider the electric fan conversion that Explorer Tom just completed. As big as you are, you'd love the weather here in Daly City, its cool all the time. Never gets above 75 degrees. Summer is 52-65 degrees from May through September. The cool foggy weather is never humid. It's big boy weather!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might also consider the electric fan conversion that Explorer Tom just completed. As big as you are, you'd love the weather here in Daly City, its cool all the time. Never gets above 75 degrees. Summer is 52-65 degrees from May through September. The cool foggy weather is never humid. It's big boy weather!

Oh that sounds lovely.... climate change isn't being nice to western maryland at all, as a kid it was rare to see 80 degrees but now it's the norm, and it often goes to 90 or 100! All the old streams I would play in are dried up, too... probably not right now though considering all this rain.

What's the electric fan conversion?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
How many miles are on them spark plugs? Sounds like bad plugs or possibly a fuel filter if it has one or a critical fuel pump.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Read Explorer Tom's recent post. He just put on a twin electric fan on his 2000 Expedition. You'll want to fix your AC problems first, but it is something to consider if you want cooler AC, and better AC flow. Especially when you run your AC all the time. Brian, I don't how you live in that 110 degree Arizona heat. It's made for lizard's, and cactus! Not humans.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Read Explorer Tom's recent post. He just put on a twin electric fan on his 2000 Expedition. You'll want to fix your AC problems first, but it is something to consider if you want cooler AC, and better AC flow. Especially when you run your AC all the time. Brian, I don't how you live in that 110 degree Arizona heat. It's made for lizard's, and cactus! Not humans.

I don't watch king of the hill, but I've seen the clip where the mom says "This city is a testament to man's arrogance", heh. I don't know how people can handle arizona or texas or any of the hot states... anyway, perhaps I will sometime! It's just swapping the big fan in front with two, right? Like our vans have... airflow would certainly explain why the AC is better on the highway! I also really need to find out whether the darn thing has a cabin air filter or not...

My car goes back on wednesday, the shop said the car's problems are likely coils or plugs (like you guys said) and that the problems with the rear AC might just be a blend door or something else... and they're gonna check to see what the grinding noise in the rear is, too.

You know the "Whump" I mentioned in the front of the car? It was the emergency window breaker thing in my door panel sliding forwards and back. I mean, I'm glad to finally figure out what that was, but boy do I feel dumb! And of course I find this out after I told the guy I was worried about it...

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You got one of those emergency hammers, in case you're submerged in water, to break the window? It looks like my Snap on small ball peen hammer. Where was it rattling around in? The kick panel? Couldn't be inside the door panel. In case you haven't already read the posts here about not washing engine down to clean. That will short out your coils in a New York minute! That and one of the small coolant hoses start to leak, that run near the coils.

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Brian, I don't how you live in that 110 degree Arizona heat. It's made for lizard's, and cactus! Not humans.

@1955moose It's a dry heat! But compared to where you live I'm sure you wonder how anyone can live anywhere else! And I don't blame you! LOL
Except the only blue I want to see is the ocean and not the politics :p