SoCal Offroad Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
problem is i cant seem to find any used 37's on craigslist unless they are on 18's. but i want to put them on my 16x10's. a little wider rim than what i have now.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if ur looking for used 37s. call around some little tire shops. we went to get some new trailer tires from a place in lakeside and they had hundreds of used mts. in all sorts of sizes and wear. i dont remember the name of the place though. if u have a set of rims laying around that would be good. have the ats for when your around the city and the mts when ur going off roading. thats something i want to do.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, i have my black ones that you see with A/T. i have 16x10 wheels in the garage with my old toyo A/T on there but i want M/T so i can do just like you said. put those on when i am about to go offroading.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah thats where ive been. as you may see anderson truck trail is there. but no one put anything on there cause its so unknown. it is a trail as i said b4. but ive always wanted to do smugglers cave. i dont remember how far it is away from the city of SD, as a reference point, but its cool. thats where smugglers would keep the people until night and then they would leave. its all marked up by people.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okay. ill go check it out this up coming week sometime. it really isnt to bad. just every once in a while u hear SCRATCH! and ur like DAMN! but where i usually scratch is when i have my girl in the truck and shes like freaking out. so i have to take the higher line and i hit the bushes. other then sometimes its pretty open. the lines are hard for me cause i have open diffs. smooth, u might have some hard times going up some hills but nvy has a winch or we can move what rocks there are to help. and yeah im down for that. have to tell the parents im going for "school" or something. haha but im done. is it for the whole weekend or how dose it work? idk. nvr been there. out skirts look fun. saw some videos of that and it looks funn.

I've never really found out what the limits are of having 2WD and think this would be interesting to know. The only reason I'm worried about scratches is because I was planning on repainting my cladding and grill within the next couple weeks. Now I'm thinking I should wait so the new paint doesn't get scratched, but at the same time I'm tired of having faded cladding.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i say hold out and we can do a little trip. either that or we can find somewhere that isnt as constricted. im not gonna lie, really dont want to scratch my truck up just yet.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey theres other places. im going to buy a map that shows all the trails in san diego. including the desert. if you really want to we can hit the desert. in a month or so it should cool down a little. maybe wait till September it'll be cooler. glamis is about 2 1/2 hour drive away and ocotillo wells is about 1 1/2 - 2 hour drive away. and truck haven is about 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive away. the about 5 hours of driving time total and about the same for play time. if we leave 1st thing in the morning. i like glamis cause its soft sand. ocotillo cause theres trails out there and truck haven well... just youtube it. go every march! nvy you should come next time. we bring the jeeps and do the hills and gullies. always full size trucks there. just google maps/earth the deserts and ull see how close they really are. i spend about $100 in gas to get to glamis and back. its a good full tank. just keep that in mind though. ill find some other closer trails that arnt so narrow in places and ill post them.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The desert would be fun.. I'll be back in San Diego starting August 21. I'm really mad that I don't have AWD... when I bought my Expy I had to go to 4 dealerships to find a black one with the 5.4L and they only had one with 2WD and they were having a sale that ended so if I waited for one with AWD I wouldn't get the $6,000 off that I got with the 2WD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikeydoh