SoCal Offroad Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okay. ill go check it out this up coming week sometime. it really isnt to bad. just every once in a while u hear SCRATCH! and ur like DAMN! but where i usually scratch is when i have my girl in the truck and shes like freaking out. so i have to take the higher line and i hit the bushes. other then sometimes its pretty open. the lines are hard for me cause i have open diffs. smooth, u might have some hard times going up some hills but nvy has a winch or we can move what rocks there are to help. and yeah im down for that. have to tell the parents im going for "school" or something. haha but im done. is it for the whole weekend or how dose it work? idk. nvr been there. out skirts look fun. saw some videos of that and it looks funn.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as far as azusa is concerned, we could go up there the night before and stay at a hotel or something. i will have my 3 year old son with me so no bars! they only reason i say get there the night before is cuz you have to get there kinda early in the morning. they only let so many trucks in at a time so if we want to get in, gotta get there early (8am-ish if i remember correctly).

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah i usually email these guys to get updates on the canyon. you thinkin of comin out talls? its not too far from you.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey im not 21 yet. still in college. birthday in march. im like a baby compared to most people on this forum. and ill have to get a job first. if i get one then yeah ill be down going the night b4. make it a long weekend thing. just want to do the creek crossing. ill have to keep the girl at home and bring my friend. hes down for going. my girl will hold me back from getting my truck dirty. but i have some work to do to my truck b4 that. should put spacers in the back first. damn i hope these places call me back.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep not to far at all. its about a 15 min drive. sounds like fun. wont be able to do much now. have a 4x4 expy but its on street tires now. hopefully truxx lift and 33's or 35's by years end. and if i remember correctly there is a trail that you can get a permit for that goes from azusa cyn somewhere north of ohv area over to duarte.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just went and talked to ranger. said hopefully in the next week or so azusa should be letting more water out of dam. so ohv area will be bigger and more things to do. the rincon trail is closed for the next month or so. edison has to fix things after the fires from last year.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i hear ya on tires. im runnin A/T right now. tryin to get some mud tires underneath her but just bought these ones a few months ago so time to shop craigslist. i would be down for a trail ride. do the creek crossing, maybe a little bit of mud, then off to the trails. like i said, i will have my 3 year old son with me and he loves dad's truck so im down for just about anything. we can plan it a little better as it gets closer. see where everyone is at as far as mods.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
from what ive read about that trail it seems fun. im still down if i can get a job and save up some money. need mts first. craigslist or depends on where i get a job from there. ive seen some great deals on craigslist. almost got me some good years for $600. brand new set of 5. guy went bigger. im thinking 33s for my truck. i like the wider tires too. maybe 33-13.50. but ill need new rims too.