Spark Plugs, no more BS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright, contrary to everything written on the internet, and also on Youtube, there is no actual way to change these spark plugs. I have been putting the job off long enough, and it needs to get done NOW :)

Reaching the rear passenger plug is impossible, drivers side too.
There is no possible way to remove the rears without removing other significant components. All the guides and videos say you can do it without removing anything, or by only removing the fuel rail, but this is actually total BS. We need to face up to this fact. I can't imagine so many people pretend this job is even possible! If you say you can change these plugs without basically removing everything, than you are a total LIAR!! :)
NO ACTUAL VIDEOS OR PHOTOS EXIST **ON EARTH** OF ANYONE DOING THE REAR PLUGS.
I am convinced that nobody on earth has ever done these plugs!! all the information out there is just bad, or totally wrong!

So let's start with the basics,
I need help identifying components, so I can research on how to properly remove them.
If you can identify the component, please do so. But also include instruction on how to remove them, if you can!

Lets start off with these...
basically everything here needs to go, there is no question about it, I have all the proper tools mentioned on every guide on the internet, believe me, I have researched them all, but these components do actually need to be removed. I can't image anyone thinking otherwise.

(passenger side photo)
passanger side.jpg

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year are you referring to
I have never had any problems with any of the first gen expys Time consuming yes
03 and 04 same as 1st gen
2nd gen 3V engines They come out but they also may break

Last edited:
OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man do you really tow that trailer in your photo? lol stop

(im joking around with you)

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No problem towing it with the 01 However I now tow it with the 04 expy Need to update the pic

So what's your suggestion about it? Or comments or opinions?
Am always willing to hear others opinions
Or tell me something you see wrong with the setup

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No problem towing it with the 01 However I now tow it with the 04 expy Need to update the pic

So what's your suggestion about it? Or comments or opinions?
Am always willing to hear others opinions
Or tell me something you see wrong with the setup

Way too large of a trailer for any gen expy, friend. The expy doesn't have the wheel base it needs for that kind of towing. You can be "half assed" and put a ton of weight on the tongue (over 1,000 pounds on top of what was already there) , which should alleviate many of the safety concerns,
but you really shouldn't be towing that trailer with any SUV. I can't believe there are no laws against it.
Do you ever drive downhill in that thing?
Oh I see you are from the east coast, lol no mountains.
Yeah I wouldn't tow that even if I lived in perfectly flat land such as you.

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trust me, you don't drive downhill in that ting :)

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why do you have an 04 EB, and not 03?