Spark Plugs, no more BS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Way too large of a trailer for any gen expy, friend.

Do you ever drive downhill in that thing?

Oh I see you are from the east coast, lol no mountains.

Yeah I wouldn't tow that even if I lived in perfectly flat land such as you.

So what should be the max length???

Downhill?? East Cost?? NO Mountains??

WELL IT ISN"T THE ROCKIES but I have to assume you never been to the East Coast, PA, VA, NY W.Va. Plenty of mountains, Long steep grades. and then long downhill diving.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This thread turned sideways

Well you need to look at the original post and what he was complaining about Which was BS.

There are many on here and elsewhere that have been changing spark plugs for years and although they may be a PITA to change they are not impossible.

However I can understand his point and if someone has no experience in working on these engines or can not figure out how to use hand tool then he may have a good complaint But that is based on lack of experience or common sense

Plati

Reaction score
Alright, contrary to everything written on the internet, and also on Youtube, there is no actual way to change these spark plugs. I have been putting the job off long enough, and it needs to get done NOW :)

Reaching the rear passenger plug is impossible, drivers side too.
There is no possible way to remove the rears without ....
My buddy had a 1975 Olds Starfire & you had to lift and move the engine to change some of the plugs. These were the dark days of American cars. Expo - not so much.
Plugs can be changed!! The Expy Rocks and Rules.
Oldsmobile_Starfire_1975_(15296642310).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was under the assumption that only the 03 expy still had 1st Gen components.

I still think this is true.

Wasn't 04 the first year they actually installed the next gen engines?

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No problem towing it with the 01 However I now tow it with the 04 expy Need to update the pic

So what's your suggestion about it? Or comments or opinions?
Am always willing to hear others opinions
Or tell me something you see wrong with the setup

I'm curious. What is the weight and length of your trailer?

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I understand your frustration at trying to change the rear plugs. I had my mechanic change mine because I though the job was too difficult. Quite a few members say they change them without a problem. One said he can change all the plugs and wires in about an hour and a half. I don't how he does it.

Maybe we can back on track and someone answer his questions.

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I understand your frustration at trying to change the rear plugs. I had my mechanic change mine because I though the job was too difficult. Quite a few members say they change them without a problem. One said he can change all the plugs and wires in about an hour and a half. I don't how he does it.

Maybe we can back on track and someone answer his questions.
There actually is not a single photo or video or any evidence of ANYONE doing the rear plugs. The rear passanger side plug looks impossible even without any of the obstruction. With the obstruction is just a joke.

My buddy had a 1975 Olds Starfire & you had to lift and move the engine to change some of the plugs. These were the dark days of American cars. Expo - not so much.
Plugs can be changed!! The Expy Rocks and Rules.
View attachment 24214
Yeah, removing the engine from anything "1970" is pretty simple. I rather remove the engine on a Starfire, than do these sparkplugs. Really I'm being honest.

Well you need to look at the original post and what he was complaining about Which was BS.

There are many on here and elsewhere that have been changing spark plugs for years and although they may be a PITA to change they are not impossible.

However I can understand his point and if someone has no experience in working on these engines or can not figure out how to use hand tool then he may have a good complaint But that is based on lack of experience or common sense
Actually it's not BS. PI highly doubt anyone who claims they can do these plugs. Not without removing components. Again, no evidence of anyone doing these plugs actually exists...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze