SPD Downpipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't see why they wouldn't. I know they aren't Carb compliant, but only CA tests for that piece.

Most emissions test facilities hook up to the canbus and check for any emissions related codes, then check the levels of pollutants I'm the exhaust. With cats these should still reduce particulates etc enough to pass.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, they make an exhaust for the Raptor. I was going to inquire whether they would sell a muffler separately and let an exhaust shop handle the remainder of the plumbing. But waiting till my warranty is up before I do anything.

Corsa says right on their website that they won’t sell just mufflers. They have a specific sound that is “their brand” or “their image” so they don’t want than image and their sound ruined by people doing their own thing.

On a side note I had a Corsa exhaust on my Grand Cherokee Summit. LOVED IT. I still technically own it but my parents have it. I just noticed a broken weld on the muffler. I sent info to Corsa and they said that system was no longer made and all parts obsolete. So they are sending A COMPLETE NEW EXHAUST SYSTEM! No issues. They said it would ship in 2 weeks. That was yesterday. Today I got a FedEx tracking number that indicates it will be here TOMORROW! I am blown away by Corsa. Not only is their exhaust awesome, they stand behind their product and warranty! I’m a customer and fan for life for sure!

Along those lines my wife wants to move on from her Lincoln MKS to a Lincoln Aviator. I just saw the new Grand Cherokee L...I convinced her to wait and try out the new Grand Cherokee L Summit Reserve...a little giddy I might get a Grand Cherokee back in the garage with a tune and Corsa exhaust again!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same boat, had my wk2 overland with a corsa. It was amazing, cabin drone was minimal but when I got I that thing, it was beautiful. Just remember, I think the new keeps have the same ecu as the new rams and such, likely not tunable. Ar least not till someone can crack the encryption. I had the diablo dcx, so damn reliable. Had one issue over about 5 yrs, they remotely accessed the tuner and fixed it for me. Corsa was amazing, I was one of the first to buy the exhaust for the wk2 and the first one actually didn't fit, took a few days and some video chats but they sent me new parts and it worked great!

Unfortunately there are few options for these 3.5s and even fewer that sound decent, but I just ordered the magnaflow kit, it sounds really good on the f150s I've heard.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Corsa is the ONLY exhaust I will buy. They sold a huge 4" Diesel muffler only a few years ago and I put it on my Duramax. Its about the ONLY muffler that doesn't drone in the cabin. Its silent at cruising speed, but it barks something fierce on heavy throttle. My Buddys all say its too quiet, but I LOVE it.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same boat, had my wk2 overland with a corsa. It was amazing, cabin drone was minimal but when I got I that thing, it was beautiful. Just remember, I think the new keeps have the same ecu as the new rams and such, likely not tunable. Ar least not till someone can crack the encryption. I had the diablo dcx, so damn reliable. Had one issue over about 5 yrs, they remotely accessed the tuner and fixed it for me. Corsa was amazing, I was one of the first to buy the exhaust for the wk2 and the first one actually didn't fit, took a few days and some video chats but they sent me new parts and it worked great!

Unfortunately there are few options for these 3.5s and even fewer that sound decent, but I just ordered the magnaflow kit, it sounds really good on the f150s I've heard.

Good reminder on the ECU. Now that I think about it I probably wouldn’t do a tune anyway. I didn’t like how it shifted, so that’s why I tuned it. I had a 2011 so it didn’t have the 8 speed. With the 8 I probably won’t need to tune. It’s why I tuned my Expedition as well. Hated shift points. Much better with a 5Star tune.

I’m not going to bother with an exhaust on a V6. They all sound terrible. Unless someone comes up with an under body speaker system that emits V8 noises! Lol

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Corsa is the ONLY exhaust I will buy. They sold a huge 4" Diesel muffler only a few years ago and I put it on my Duramax. Its about the ONLY muffler that doesn't drone in the cabin. Its silent at cruising speed, but it barks something fierce on heavy throttle. My Buddys all say its too quiet, but I LOVE it.

Hell, that’s why I loved it! Wasn’t obnoxious. I had the top of the line Grand Cherokee, why the hell would I want it obnoxiously loud all the time? But on the flip side when I wanted it to sound NASTY GOOD I just had to slam my foot to the floor! I got tons of compliments on it, lots of heads turning wondering “what’s THAT!?”. I even had a valet one time move a cone reserving a parking spot for them at a restaurant right up front next to the door one time so he could tell me he loved the sound and chat about it a little, ha.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hell, that’s why I loved it! Wasn’t obnoxious. I had the top of the line Grand Cherokee, why the hell would I want it obnoxiously loud all the time? But on the flip side when I wanted it to sound NASTY GOOD I just had to slam my foot to the floor! I got tons of compliments on it, lots of heads turning wondering “what’s THAT!?”. I even had a valet one time move a cone reserving a parking spot for them at a restaurant right up front next to the door one time so he could tell me he loved the sound and chat about it a little, ha.

I had a Corsa Sport on my Dodge Magnum Hemi and I removed the cats and OMG that Corsa sounded insane nasty with the cats off. The nasty crackle in the tone was awesome. It was still silent even with the cylinder deactivation that typically droned like crazeeeeeee

OP
OP
Brian Kile

Brian Kile

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! What are your IAT1 and IAT2 temps during normal driving? I'm curious to see what impact the intercooler had. I normally see a 20 - 30 degree increase.

Ok here you go! This was a cooler day for Florida, I will get some more when things warm up. I also got some video of the readings I will post to my IG account. It was rare for the IAT2 to go above 100, only while sitting still.20210108_170805.jpg

20210108_164905.jpg

20210108_163619.jpg

OP
OP
Brian Kile

Brian Kile

Reaction score
I was reading that these pipes will not pass emissions even thought they are catted... what's your plan if that's the case? Swap back stock pipe?

I'm in FL, so we don't have any emissions tests. But yes on the website it is labeled off road use only. I have heard some people keep their old pipes to put back on though.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just in case anyone else is looking for info on this with SPD. I talked to one of they guys there, was super helpful actually, so it might have just been good timing. He's actually done an install on an Expy so had some tips.

First, for the turbo adapters, he recommends a torque setting on the studs to be 45 lb/ft but make sure you use a lubricant like the Ford anti-seize or something equivalent.

Second, for the downpipes. They don't list Torque settings for the clamps because there are too many variables, i.e. how far tubes are in each other, rotation, etc. They recommend tightening them until the bolts "stop" apparently they are specially tapered or something that clamps down well. Recommended that you start the rig and get under it to check for any obvious leaks. If you find one, try tightening a little more, if it doesn't go away, try rotating the clamp a bit, then retighten. As for install, he said you should start with the drivers pipe, do the passenger, leaving all nuts partially tightened, then the connecting tube and finally the one to the muffler. The tighten everything. And finally, after about 40-50 miles do the retighten.

Really want to do this asap, but I'm dealing with the turbo replacement issues right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65