Squeaky Brakes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew66

Reaction score
I have an 07 EB EL. I've had it for a couple of months. The brakes squeak very loudly all of the time. Also, when I am in a parking lot for example and going under 5 mph, I can hear a squeak as if something is rubbing when the wheels go around and around. An ideas what I should check first? The noise sounds like it is coming from front and back. Thanks.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check inner and outer pad thickness, dust shields if present. While your there inspect the rotors - thickness, runout, blueing, cracks and grooves.

Last edited:

nauti1

Reaction score
You may want to check out a Power Stop brake kit. My 07 xlt el had a horrible shake when braking (typical warped rear rotors) and it had a loud squeal. The kit comes with crossed drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads both front and rear. Now you can do a very smooth and quiet panic stop from 70 mph with out shaking the fillings out of your teeth. Worth every penny.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
prob just time for new brakes...mine started with a slight squeak...then just got worse...changed the rotors cuz they were worped and new pads...no probs