start up noise on 07 limited el

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diesel212

Reaction score
Getting a start up rattle noise when I first start the truck in the morning and won't do it again unless it sits for awhile almost sounds like not enough oil in the motor but it only lasts for a sec or two

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have the same issue. i also have a couple friends with f150s that do the same.

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what oil filters are you using, some filters don't have a check valve in them and the oil drains back into the pan, then the oil takes a few seconds to pressure up.

OP
OP
D

diesel212

Reaction score
Previous owner was using aftermarket filter just switched to a motorcraft filter noise got quieter but is still there

ndpuckhead

Reaction score
Is it a ticking sound? Mine did that and it turned out to be a manifold gasket. When the gasket heated up, it sealed tighter and the sound stopped.

OP
OP
D

diesel212

Reaction score
No was a real bad almost slapping noise almost sounded like nor enough oil in motor

07ExpoXLT

Reaction score
i had something similar to valves knocking, i had a misfire in two coils, replaced the spark plugs and coils problem solve, no noise.