Steering wheel doesn't lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drae

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was checking my front wheels of my 2010 Expedition today because of the slight wobble in the steering wheel at highway speeds and noticed the steering wheel doesn't lock. Everything was tight side to side and top to bottom so I'm leaning more towards wheel balance now. I noticed I could turn the wheels as far as I wanted without the steering wheel locking. I put the truck on the ground without the key in and could turn the steering wheel even though it was hard. Is this normal? My wife's 03 locks no problem.

OP
OP
Drae

Drae

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this yet? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to work on this or if its just how 3rd Gens are.

OP
OP
Drae

Drae

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine doesn't lock.
Oh wow and I see you have a 2016. I wonder if its a reason they're getting away from the steering wheel lock. It sucks while removing lug nuts and the tire turns. Easy way to scratch your vehicle with the cheater bar or torque wrench.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65