Steering Wheel Wobble/Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikegigabyte

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive had this from day one after installing mud type tires. Ive been living with this for about 25,000 miles but was wondering if there was a stabilizer that could solve the problem. It only happens around 60-65 mph. Ive tried to balance the tires numerous times, rotated them too but everyone says its the tread causing the vibration in the steering wheel. Maybe next year I will get new tires, probably a normal all terrain type not like what I have now. I have the 2003 model, so im not sure if the front suspension was changed but the rear was. Im just assuming the steering stabilizer would fix the problem, I dont know anything about them.

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been living with this since I got the vehicle and first mounted 33" BFG's. Wobbled then and now with 35's it wobbles just a bit more. I've had a tire place balance my wheels/tires and normal mom n pop garage with no difference. There are no bolt on steering stablilizers that I'm aware of but I'm sure it would help a little bit. For now I'm going to live with it.