Stop Leak for crossover pipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bolt snapper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm in agreement that I need to do exactly as you suggest - replace intake, waterpump, and possibly the fan (anything else anyone can suggest while I've got it apart? Already done plugs and coils recently)

I'm just trying to prevent, temporarily, the flooding of the spark plug well, the serpentine belt, and any other external component that could be damaged by coolant. I need to get past the Holidays, if possible, and get my garage cleaned out to give myself room to work. I can't see the coolant fountaining out of the crossover like I've seen in videos (yet), it's just "wet" around the junction of the plastic and aluminum, and as I've said above, there's a puddle of coolant visible in the valley under the plastic intake.

Esat

Reaction score
I'm in agreement that I need to do exactly as you suggest - replace intake, waterpump, and possibly the fan (anything else anyone can suggest while I've got it apart? Already done plugs and coils recently)

I'm just trying to prevent, temporarily, the flooding of the spark plug well, the serpentine belt, and any other external component that could be damaged by coolant. I need to get past the Holidays, if possible, and get my garage cleaned out to give myself room to work. I can't see the coolant fountaining out of the crossover like I've seen in videos (yet), it's just "wet" around the junction of the plastic and aluminum, and as I've said above, there's a puddle of coolant visible in the valley under the plastic intake.
On mine #3 cylinder was the bad news bearer, misfire was happening. I also change knock sensor and really think about the coolant tube in the valley mine didn't have any leaks on the tube and didn't see any corrosion so I didn't extend my work on the tube ,I was very concerned though,even I went to stealership for at least o ring replacement of that tube, but the guy told me, o rings never a problem there only tube itself getting some pin holes if you don't have any thing like that you can leave it alone. Fan clutch is a must if you change the water pump because warranty tells it .

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you get into the intake valley with a small hose and metal pump. I have one that you draw back on handle, and it sucks up fluid. The hose I use is about 5/16 of an inch. Do that once a week to draw out coolant, that should keep you going for awhile.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk