strange occurance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1757

Reaction score
2001 5.4 120,000mls. Driving 130 miles home today, got about 70mls in and battery gauge dropped down like engine was off, a/c and radio shut off and battery light and ABS light lit up. Everything came back after a few minutes then did it a few more times.

OP
OP
M

M1757

Reaction score
No it wasn't raining while driving, it did rain over night last night though. I did replace my windshield last August also.

OP
OP
M

M1757

Reaction score
Everything was going out and coming back on so many times that it got to where when the a/c, stereo and windows went out I could detect a low click sound under dash on driver side and know everything was coming back in about 5sec.

B

bedrck46

could be a bad connection or the battery check for corrosion tightness of connections

clicking under the driver side of the dash could be any number of things Gem module but could also be a relay dropping out due to loss voltage (See above) or the relay going bad

Do you have the owners manual which would show the fuse block

OP
OP
M

M1757

Reaction score
Yes I have owners manual. I was just driving now with a/c on felt like it was going to stall when I took my got of gfs pedal. Battery gague also dipped some when I hit the window switch. I'm wondering if the voltage regulator or alternator is going.

B

bedrck46

possible have the alt and battery load tested again check all wiring on the battery for corrosion and tightness

how old is the alt and battery

how long have you had this problem

OP
OP
M

M1757

Reaction score
I bought the truck in June of last year, no idea how old battery or alternator is. Problem started yesterday coming home from a trip, drove about 70mls and it started. Stopped at a rest area and I shut the truck off thinking it may reset but it wouldn't start had to get a jump and it was fine but I didn't put the a/c back on either.

B

bedrck46

ok lets start by having the battery and alt tested and the wiring on the battery