Strange Rattling Noise Upon Acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
If it was a cat I feel like it would do it while sitting still? If it is, then that gives me another good excuse to go with a hi-flow cat kit.
I did have one that was quite until under a load....the chunks of shit were heavy and did move until high rpm and finally one day, I was finding stuff in my driveway and was blowing it out the tailpipe....got out the saws all.....:superhack:

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think if it was anything EGR related, I'd probably be smelling the exhaust in the truck? And I got up under it and checked the heat shield and it's on tight so that can't be it either. Also, no loose plugs or anything like that.

Any other ideas?

Oh, by the way... I just got my new head lights and license plate LED's today... they look sick. One of the best purchases I've made so far :)

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I think if it was anything EGR related, I'd probably be smelling the exhaust in the truck?

No... It would just mean the egr is clogged or otherwise malfunctioning and not recirculating exhaust back into the intake. You would not hear this but the result would be pinging under load which you can hear.

Still have no idea if this is what your actually hearing though.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UPDATE:

They said it might be my axle-split boot since it pretty much exploded and has grease everywhere...

It's the one on the right side, but I'm pretty sure the sound is coming from the left.

Regardless, they said that this could very well cause this sound.