Strange sound when hitting the gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mmart

Reaction score
Still waiting on the weather to get better so I can crawl under the truck and see. It feels like it’s been snowing or raining every other day for weeks.

OP
OP
M

Mmart

Reaction score
Problem solved, it finally warmed up and dried out so I was able to shimmy myself under the truck to look. As mentioned earlier in this thread it was the heat shield that had come loose. Took one 2 3/4” hose clamp and tightened it up, noise is gone.
5F6ABF31-D8AF-4B22-A379-F0C525C28CF6.jpeg

OP
OP
M

Mmart

Reaction score
It snowed basically every other day in February this year. 60’s next week so a wash is in order. Between the Philly winters and beach fishing, my trucks catch a beating. I had a 2001 XLT before I got my 2010 EB, rust and corrosion were the reasons I got rid of it. It ran great but the rear drivers side wheel well was basically rotted out. I even had one of the sway bars in front rust out completely. It served me well for almost 11yrs so I’m not complaining. This one I wash much more (even though it doesn’t look it in the pic lol)

Haywood

Reaction score
I had a similar sound and it was the cat. Cat fried due to a misfire. Franchise muffler shop wanted $1300. WTF! Mom and pop shop $450. Get it on a lift before it’s too late.

OP
OP
M

Mmart

Reaction score
I had a similar sound and it was the cat. Cat fried due to a misfire. Franchise muffler shop wanted $1300. WTF! Mom and pop shop $450. Get it on a lift before it’s too late.

pretty sure it’s not the cat in this scenario. Watch the youtube vid from the guy posted earlier in this thread. I was able to find the spot where it was rattling from and the sound stopped as soon as I tightened down the heat shield.