Strange sounds of Betsy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMARCH

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTFbxg-tSbE&feature=youtu.be

Not sure what this sound is, and wondering if anyone could possibly identify it. not really an urgent thing, just annoying hearing it lol. Also.. my expy sometimes doesn't start in park, but fires right up in neutral, which i have been told is the neutral safety switch, which i have bought a new one, but it still does it. I'm wondering how you align it correctly, because it just seems to never cooperate with me.

I haven't been on here in a while and have plastidipped my eddie bauer trim, and wheels, by the way :) . She is also still for sale.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
will it move in reverse without your foot on the brake or gas, just at idle?

OP
OP
GMARCH

GMARCH

Reaction score
reverse works perfectly, it's just the sound. basically if i was deaf or blasting music all the time, you would never know the sound was there. the sound stays steady when moving in reverse and doesn't stop until it is out of reverse

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure but whatever it is, it is not right. if it doesn't bother you, then no biggie. I would say at least do a tranny service? :shrug:

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Sounds scary to me.... I've never heard anything like that on any vehicle before.... Silly question, but how is your fluid level? You know how power steering squeals when you are low on fluid. Maybe your tranny fluid is low or burnt. Can always hope it's something easy like that.