Struggling with my Decision!

Discussion in '4th Gen - 2018 - present' started by Garrett, Feb 11, 2018.

1. rjdelp7

rjdelp7 Full Access Members

2 year lease, with option to buy. This is a Expedition forum, so most will pick Expedition.

2. Artie

Artie Full Access Members

Of course I’m biased because we went with the Navigator but the interior was worth it for us.... really worth it for my wife. We’ve never had a car this nice and 7-8k on a 85k vehicle didn’t seem to be that big a deal. We bought for long term and got a long extended warranty to handle any issues that may arrise with the tech. Sure it will be outdated soon but that is an issue with any tech and we are at an age where we don’t mind holding on to outdated tech until it’s really worth the upgrade. Walking up the the navigator at night and getting the welcome lighting still makes me smile. Plus you get the extra horsepower.

GTNator, JExpedition07 and edizzle like this.
  3. edizzle

edizzle Full Access Members

So snootie!!!! LOL ;)

4. JExpedition07

JExpedition07 Elite Member Supporting Member

I have the same philosophy as you, but some need the latest and greatest. I’m all good with outdated too, outdated doesn’t mean bad but some people don’t get that.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    GTNator and mossback like this.
  5. edizzle

[​IMG]

6. JExpedition07

JExpedition07 Elite Member Supporting Member

C74C77B8-24D4-4895-89F8-86D2BDC0FF10.gif

7. edizzle

LOL!!!!!!

JExpedition07 likes this.
  8. Garrett

Garrett Full Access Members

Went with the fully loaded Expedition, identical to @edizzle , but with second row bench vs. buckets. The funny thing is the dealer told us if we change our mind and opt of a Navigator later on, they won't charge a dime because they need more Expy's on the lot..ha! They didn't even request any down payment.

8 week order cycle and I got the verbal accept on my trade-in value (doesn't mean much, but I can use it later if need be).

I'm still working on one dealership to drop their drawers for a Navigator select, but I doubt they do it. That would be the only reason I back out, as it's a select with PP seats, Pano and Tech. Currently about 7K more, but they are mulling over an offer to make it 3K more. Doubt they take it, which is fine with me!

JExpedition07 likes this.
  9. Artie

Artie Full Access Members

Lol that escalated quickly hahahaha.
    Honestly though, as a car owner you spend all the time inside the vehicle so the interior is a big part of the purchase, if you aren’t totally happy inside the car why buy.

rcompart likes this.
  10. rcompart

rcompart Super Moderator Staff Member

I’m in 100% agreement with you about the importance of loving the interior. I love the exterior of the Navi but things I very strongly disliked about the interior played an important factor in it not being what we bought and it was the same for the Platinum Expy. I really wanted the massage seats but wasn’t willing to give up the ebony headliner and pillar trim. Whatever you decide on, you’re going to love it either way. These are some mighty fine vehicles Ford is now making.