Sumo Supersprings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cherokeexj32

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have been using a WDH for years but was just looking for a little bit extra insurance.

We have considered an Excursion and I have a friend who wants to sell me his 2000 but just need to figure out if my wife can handle it as a daily driver.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Cherokee, if you are familiar with NASCAR and their "spacers" that they talk about, this is what they are adding in effect. Yes, these spacers add stiffness to that one coil, but the other coils are still going to be the same strength. So, until you collapse the majority of the spring, that spacer is not going to really do much. Now you are riding around on a bottomed out suspension (as the NASCAR guys like to refer to it as coil bound). This makes for dramatically increased shock loads on the other suspension parts, leading to who knows what.

Personally, if you are looking at a product like this, I would spend a little bit extra and look at upgrading the coils in the rear to a higher spring rate coil and going from there. You will get a better ride out of the truck under the heavy duty conditions. The downside is when you are unloaded, the truck is going to ride a little rougher since the suspension is not going to give quite as much.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What about air bags to supplement the springs? Air up when loaded and air down when not.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see an air bag kit specifically designated for an 03 and later Expy.

it will be pieced together but they go off of weight of vehicle and other plans such as towing for the truck...that could be a solution though...seen it on speed channel like that...external tank for rear suspension to air up when towing