Suspension Enhancement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fotozeman

Reaction score
I started reading about a suspension enhancement product called Timbren. It seemed like a perfect fit for my 2015 Expedition to do exactly what I am looking for...a little less sag in the rear while pulling my camper with a little less sway. I have a 2015 Expy XLT EL, have an HD Towing Package (I think) and use a weight distribution/sway hitch, but still seem to have a little sag. I have made some adjustments to my setup, and my sway has decreased by about 90%. My camper weighs about 5400# dry. So I read about the Timbren, and the reviews were right what I was looking for. Unfortunately to find out they don't support the 2015 Expy. I see these coil sumo springs listed on E Trailer for the '15. Has anybody had any experience with any of these? Thanks

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used them long time ago on my 94 6.5 turbo chevy. Definitely helped with my 8 ft slide in camper.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I suggest visiting a truck scale. With a properly adjusted weight distribution hitch, you shouldn't need any supplement for the springs. The weight should be split between the front, rear, and trailer axles. Also, make sure you using the correct tire pressure for your load.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I started reading about a suspension enhancement product called Timbren. It seemed like a perfect fit for my 2015 Expedition to do exactly what I am looking for...a little less sag in the rear while pulling my camper with a little less sway. I have a 2015 Expy XLT EL, have an HD Towing Package (I think) and use a weight distribution/sway hitch, but still seem to have a little sag. I have made some adjustments to my setup, and my sway has decreased by about 90%. My camper weighs about 5400# dry. So I read about the Timbren, and the reviews were right what I was looking for. Unfortunately to find out they don't support the 2015 Expy. I see these coil sumo springs listed on E Trailer for the '15. Has anybody had any experience with any of these? Thanks
Have you weighed your rig using the three-pass method and confirmed that your WDH spring bars are correctly sized to your tongue weight?

BFD350

Reaction score
I am also interested in anyone’s experience with the sumo spring suspension enhancement, in particular with the CCD suspension I have on my 18 Expedition Platinum. I don’t use a WD hitch as my boat trailer has a straight pole tongue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am also interested in anyone’s experience with the sumo spring suspension enhancement, in particular with the CCD suspension I have on my 18 Expedition Platinum. I don’t use a WD hitch as my boat trailer has a straight pole tongue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you want a slightly higher spring rate. Here's a custom spring manufacturer:

https://www.springworks.com/custom-coil-springs/

Might be worth a call to see what is feasible, and I'm sure they aren't the only one out there. Might be worth it to get a junkyard spring, send it to them, and get one 5 - 10% stiffer made, or request a progressive spring.

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed Sumosprings today on my 2018, they worked great on my '09. They do nothing to raise your payload, but do remove some squat. I love them and install in no time.

2018 Sumos turned correct.jpg

LyoddChrissmiss

Reaction score
Guys, what size coil sumo springs you using on the rears. I have a stock 2020 Expy
On the site it has 7 different sizes from .69-2.25”