Suspension lift vs Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warddaman

Reaction score
I have a 00 Eddie Bauer and would like to raise it up. I had an F150 that I put a 3inch body lift that look really good. I'm wondering which route to go on the Ex. Also if I do a 3inch body lift has anyone ever installed this by themselves? The F150 supercrew cab was heavy as hell and I bet the Ex body would be worse.

Thoughts/ideas/experiences?

Thansk for looking

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well body lift is a lot cheaper... 200-300... or 1600 to 2600... but the common set up for most members on here is to crank the torsion bars and get a 2-3" coil spacer and then a bodylift and some 35s.... there are a few with 4" suspension and me and one other have the fabtech 6" + 3" BL + 2" coil spacer... I'm on 37s and the other one is on 38s...

but overall body lifts don't seem to be that big of a problem for people installing them but a couple have chickened out and paid to have them installed... but be sure to check in to our other site..**link under my pic** more members are there until we get both sites merged... the owner is working on it

OP
OP
W

warddaman

Reaction score
Thanks!! I just called a place that will put on a 2/3 front leveling kit for $280 installed. I think that is where I will start and then look to do a body lift next.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Somebody on this forum probably forgot that they just went out and bought theirs already lifted too. lol.
There is not too much I won't tackle. I operate and fix machines for a living, but the BL just looked like way too much work. Plus I've got a pretty bad spinal disease that made my decision to pay a shop to do it a pretty easy choice.
But if you have a couple of good buddies, a free weekend and a few cases of beer, I'd say go for it. You'll be proud that you did it yourself.
If you want it home by the end of the day, pay someone $700 like I did, and be proud that you have an awesome looking Expy.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just because I basically stole my expy already lifted doesn't mean anything... I have done enough lifts before to realize that buying a lifted one was cheaper than a DIY expy.... lets see I paid 6700$ for mine with 72K mileage... subtract the mods BL $200 + Fabtech $2400 + K&N FIPK $150 + 4 (brand new Xtreme ATs) $1200 + 16 x 10 Pacer rims $500 + Keys/Spacer $150 + Custom exhaust $250 and real Lightning heads $100.... the rest I did myself... so paid $6700 and subtract the $4350 in mods already installed and I paid $1750 for a stock expy..... now why would I wanna build a lifted truck when I stole mine...lol

Last edited:

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I actually put a body lift on my expedition and I also converted it from air ride to coil spring. So i can say that lane24 did it the right way, I dont think all the work I did was worth 700-1000 $$$ but Im really cheap and I only work part time. I did mine with 0 experience wit hthis sorta thing but I still did it

deano

Reaction score
I actually put a body lift on my expedition and I also converted it from air ride to coil spring. So i can say that lane24 did it the right way, I dont think all the work I did was worth 700-1000 $$$ but Im really cheap and I only work part time. I did mine with 0 experience wit hthis sorta thing but I still did it
hey expeditionary what was the cost to go from air ride to coil spring? Also was it hard?