Suspensions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am planning to replace all the suspension in my 1999 expy. I know that Eddie provides the rear air suspension but does anyone know where I can get the front ones cheaper than the dealer.

Thanks

bmb527

Reaction score
Honestly, I had some problems w/ my air ride system up to a month ago, I bought a conversion kit from strutmasters and did away with the whole mess. I now have coil springs in back and coil over shocks in front. Ride is very nice, and no more air ride problems, EVER! The kit even comes w/ instructions on how to get rid of the Check Susp light. I am impressed.
If you would rather keep the Air-ride system, strutmasters.com has the shocks and airbags to do it. Hell, I have the airbags, still good, 1 shock thats known good, I think the other is good as well. Solenoid valves, and compressor are bad, sensors, relay are still good. I would sell them if you want, but I would reccommend eliminating the system. I did it myself in about 5 hrs. I had to take a break for beer.
Bill

OP
OP
M

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I guess if the suspensions are as smooth I may as well change the whole thing then. The problem is that where I live in Canada the roads are very bad and the air suspension right now are relativley smooth.

DavidExped01

Reaction score
Monroe makes front air replacement shocks. Part number 40004. RockAuto.com carries them.

OP
OP
M

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Urgent help required

This morning when I came out to get into my Expy it is sitting on its back. I mean the rear end is flat. Urgently need any help. The compressor does not seem to be working but check the suspension light is off.

Thanks

OP
OP
M

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I already tried the switch a couple of times. Have just taken it to Ford dealership and should know what they say. I have lubrico warranty on suspensions and compressor. Hopefully it will cover. If not I will get one from American Eagle for 150 and the dealership saif they can install one.
I have a feeling its the relay.

Thanks once again

OP
OP
M

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealership says the compressor is dead and also the relay is dead. They have to replace both.Luckily the compressor will be replaced under warranty but I have to pay for the relay, to fix the relay and for the diagonostics. They said the realy is 170 dollars. Is that the right price for this?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik