Sway Bar Question???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dimartino

Reaction score
While changing a flat today ('99 EB 4X4), I noticed the damnest thing. The sway bar is not connected to the wishbone. Went to the other side....and same thing. Before I make an ass out myself, anybody elses look like this?? I thought there was a link and bushing connection.
Thanks.

JoeExpedition

Reaction score
It is possible that the nuts at the lower end of the links rusted out, and the links got knocked off.

This happened to my 98 XLT on one side (passenger). I was installing new brake rotors and pads, and looked over and noticed it was missing.

They are an easy install, just don't over-tighten.

dubedition2003

Reaction score
This seems to be a common problem with the early expeditions, I had a 97' expy and the same thing happended with mine. It rusted out on both side. I was driving without the links for who knows how long.

I think the dealer wanted about $25 for the part and labor it wasn't much. I got it done while my spark plug was getting replaced.