Sweet F150 rims on an 03 Ex

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gborree

Reaction score
Couldn't be happier. $400/set - unused and $500 for new tires - had a $100 off coupon!. One question. Is there an extended center cap for the rear axele shaft that sticks out farther than an F150? Also, what kind of lug nuts should I use - F150 ones? Thanks! Oh yeah 275/55/20.

IMG_2398.jpg IMG_2400.jpg

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice, good price too. I don't think there is an extended center cap available but you could cut the axle stud shorter.

bearss07

Reaction score
Those are my favorite wheels for a Ford truck/SUV. If I could find a set for a decent price around here, I'd get them. Gonna look harder in the next year or so when I need a new set of tires.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just grind some off the axle. if you ever have to take the nut off it should still come off no problem and there looks like enough on there to grind some off once the nut comes off it should fix the threads there for going back on too without a problem

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice rims, looks good. Do cut the threads, probably not grind - there is a difference. I'd probably thread on another nut, cut the stud as needed, then remove the temporary nut to chase any damaged threads.

I'd probably use the closed-end F150 lug nuts for both good looks and corrosion resistance. Imported from China for Firestone, Primewell tires don't have the best reputation for being quiet - hope yours work out OK.

Beautiful driveway BTW.

OP
OP
gborree

gborree

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies crew. Cutting /grinding looks to be the answer - any consideration to wheel spacers in the back. The rear wheels seem to sit in the well further than the front? Just a thought. I think the closed end lugs would look better and protect better as well. Just have to figure out between chrome or nice black ones. - Probably chrome.

As to the tire replacement. Yep on the cheap, but whisper quiet compared to the cupped and worn old ones. Hopefully the alignment will help keep it that way.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies crew. Cutting /grinding looks to be the answer - any consideration to wheel spacers in the back. The rear wheels seem to sit in the well further than the front? Just a thought.

Track width front and rear is basically the same, it's because of the body design that the rear wheels are tucked in more. Since I installed fender flares I've been considering small spacers for the back, but it's another possible failure point. Spacers would probably help with handling too.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited: