Sync doesn't always find bluetooth...but it's connected.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GSMetal

Reaction score
When I hit the VOICE button - and it asks me for a command - and I say 'Bluetooth Audio', sometimes it connects just fine.

Other times it says 'no bluetooth connected...I will try and connect'. But it doesn't see the iPhone is connected.

BUT - the iPhone shows it's connected to the Sync.

Any insight as to why Sync isn't connecting when the iPhone says it is?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's bluetooth AND microsoft sync... two of the more random and unreliable technologies around

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I hit the VOICE button - and it asks me for a command - and I say 'Bluetooth Audio', sometimes it connects just fine.

Other times it says 'no bluetooth connected...I will try and connect'. But it doesn't see the iPhone is connected.

BUT - the iPhone shows it's connected to the Sync.

Any insight as to why Sync isn't connecting when the iPhone says it is?

Once paired, BT devices do not require re-pairing. Your phone should connect and be displayed under the CD designation on the r/h driver display when in audio mode.

jeff

Dabigguy

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing with my Galaxy S9. I can make calls, but it has never been able to play bluetooth audio. It SAYS it is connected, and the music is playing on my phone, but nothing is coming out of the speaker.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All pairing issues I've had have been with IPhones, Androids have been pair and forget. This has been on multiple vehicles.
With the Apple I end up deleting the paired connection and start over with a new one.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an Iphone. This does happen. I just delete the profile and pair it again. It's good for month or so. Then it repeats.

I haven't looked up how to see if my Sync software is up to date. I have the lowest end setup ford puts into the Expy. I may change it for an after market.

TxOutlaw

Reaction score
It's bluetooth AND microsoft sync... two of the more random and unreliable technologies around

Oh i hate ours... And with iphone 7 or newer it just doesn't work at all... I just use a little inline bluethooth widget from wally world now... Much easier!!!!

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does the same have to repair. Sometimes shutting off the car works too.

My Suunto watch does the same every month or so. Says connected in the BT devices on the phone but don’t receive notifications on the watch but get my stats on the phone.
Forget device repair type in new pairing code and all the missed notification show on the watch.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sometimes when there is a software update for either the CarKit/Sync or the phone, you may need to pair again.

Tonka

Reaction score
Mine gets on my nerves the blue tooth does connect, but half the time the voice commands don't work, it's annoying. The other thing the radio always resets back to radio when I turn the car off instead of starting back if I had it on sync audio. Also it switches menu in sync when playing music, it always switches to menu and the song will be playing but I have to scroll to exit to change songs, , I've done the sync upgrade and it got worse.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni