Sync no longer connects to any bluetooth devices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makenzie71

Reaction score
2011. System worked great all the way up until it didn't. One day it'd connect to my phone but there was no audio. Then suddenly it wouldn't connect to any phone. Tried removing and repairing devices, no change. Performed both resets available in the menus on the headunit, no change. I've read about pulling the Sync fuse for ten minutes...left it out over night...no change.

What else can I do? Bluetooth functionality is pretty important for us.

Timo2824

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whenever I had issues with my old F-150, it was resetting on my phone that allowed it to reconnect.

OP
OP
M

makenzie71

Reaction score
Resetting the phones or ipads or other devices has had no effect. Even did a factory reset on one of the phones sync still won't connect to it.

Menard LaDouche

Reaction score
I have a 2011 also. Many problems with bluetooth and Apple, but never any problems with Android. Apple OS 11 was sucky for the Ford Sync, but I now find that OS 13 is working again, except about every 2 weeks the phone has to be deleted and reconnected. Not sure if this helps you or is your situation, but I throw it in the soup in case it applies.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would remove all devices and disconnect the battery overnight.

Are you running the latest firmware version, if not download and install as soon as you reconnect the battery before attempting to add any devices.

unfortunately there has not been a new firmware released from Ford in quite some time and there will be no more.

That said, I have not had any issues connecting and using Android devices on bluetooth with our 2011.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett