Tablet android installed on my 2005

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBoy99

Reaction score
I have decided to run with the nook color and root it with CM9. The nook has Bluetooth, USB, and you can use GPS when you DL from the market. I will have to save money for the new speakers, amps and sub.. I will post more in my own build thread so I don't jack this one..

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I plan to start a new thread on the Thrive install too. Mine will not be in the truck permanent, just on a support arm so I can use it for other things and the convenience of loading apps etc.

The Torque software is working find with the PLXII ODB2 BT device so I'll install it on the Thrive with the various GPS and navigation apps.

As for the sound system - no one has replied to my thread asking about converging with the stock radio and amps via harness, so I'll keep investigating this.

Bigboy99, I can work with you offline if you wish and maybe we can share notes since we want to do nearly the same thing. I have a good friend that I camp with a lot in Portland, so I'm frequently near there. The next time I head toward Mt Hood etc I'll let you know and maybe I can get a look at your rig?

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The refurb Thrive looks great, feels great and is fast . . but the right speaker is DOA. I'm going to see about returning it to Cowboom where I bought it.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right, but since I had the search up it was no effort for me to point folks in that direction.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New: Archos 80 G9 8" 16GB Android Tablet for $165 + free shipping

newegg offers the 1.5-lb. Archos 80 G9 8" 16GB Android Tablet, model no. 501895, for $329.99. Coupon code "ARCHOSNOV7" cuts it to $164.99.

With free shipping, that's $85 under our February mention and the lowest total price we could find by $35.

It features an ARM Cortex-A9 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 8" 1024x768 multi-touch screen, 16GB internal flash storage, 720p front-facing camera, 802.11n wireless, Bluetooth, microSDHC slot, Google Android 3.2 (Honeycomb), and more.

Deal ends November 11.

Last edited:

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah they've had some ongoing firmware issues and AFAIK they aren't fixed yet. I bought the ASUS TF300T 10" and it upgraded to ICS 4.01 and is screaming fast! I'm really happy with it.