Tablet android installed on my 2005

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mloureirojr

Reaction score
I use iHikeGPS on my 4s, and have thought of an iPad for a solution.
A: will your set p integrate with Sirius, Pandora is not an option here;
B: besides the retardedly expensive DeLorme mapping software, is there an Android based topo program that is equivalent to the iHike?

C: How do you upload media to it? is there a remote USB port?

A- not sure if there is a sirius App, But I'm almost sure there is a app for sirius then you dont need integrate with the tablet only needs internet 3g/4g im the car, I know there is a pandora app for sure

B- sorry don't know Delorme or IHike but I guess they are gps apps there is a bunch of Gps app that one I'm using is called Be on road and only cost $25 Usa maps

C- the tablet allows you to conect hard drive or use Sd card , if use a hard drive or a Pen drive just but a usb cable extension with female input and you can use a pen drive a hard drive or even. a SD card just copy your media in your pc/mac and then play from the tablet without copy

Take care buddie

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm wondering about installing a receiver in place of the original unit, then adding the Archos in front on a latching hing so that I can access either and just unplug the Archos and take it with me for security and other purposes.

This way I see the full screen and can tilt it towards my viewing angle.

*gears turning*

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nice job. looks like this might be my next mod. radio is getting old and needs to be changed. thank you for sharing all the info.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought a refurbished Toshiba Thrive AT105-T1016 10.1" 16GB Google Android Tablet in Black, model no. PDA01U-00101F, for $199.99 with free shipping

The Thrive has REAL gps built in, and wi-fi, bluetooth, usb, HDMI out etc etc. LOT's of features on this. I was able to confirm that it's possible to upgrade to ICS 4, play .mkv and flac.

Since I just bought the PLX Devices Kiwi Bluetooth Wireless Trip Computer and OBDII Scanner I plan to use the Thrive to view the readouts from the ODBII monitors via bluetooth.

This will also be my GPS and I plan to load both street maps and topo and see how that works.

*Fingers crossed*

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing this may have to sale my pioneer d3

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Talls and JJ whats up fellas long time no speak!!!!

good good have a 6 month old so havent worked on the truck since lol. but got some wheels :) and want to work on a new HU. how have you been?

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Thrive arrives soon, and I bought case, screen protector, car charger etc.

I've been mulling over a mount for this that let;s me take it out easily, let's it be seen easily, and I think this would be sturdy enough with little shake or vibration.

Thoughts?

I'm open to ideas.