Tail lights NOT working!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jewels69

Reaction score
Ok! So my tail lights are not working on my 07 Expedition. I have checked all my fuses and relays and swapped out all my bulbs. I also pulled the tailgate panel off to see if maybe there was a wire lose or had come unconnected but have not found anything. Does anyone have any suggestions????

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe check out tow hitch wire harness. Did someone wire in an aftermarket harness? I’d suspect bad connection somewhere in that circuit. Does the brake lights /blinkers work? Also don’t rule out mice/rodent chewing on wires.

OP
OP
J

Jewels69

Reaction score
My headlights,turn signals, fog lights all work. I hauled a couch and I pushed it as far as it would go and I slammed the tailgate. Ever since then the tail lights will come on but then start to flicker and then go out. I checked the wires by the passenger door for and loose connections and I also removed the tailgate panel but, I’m still not seeing anything. Everything is still stock when it comes to electrical. I’m just so confused as to where to look.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The coming on and fickering out part sounds like a ground problem to me. Maybe some of the wiring/electrical experts on here can chime in? First you may need to move this thread out of new member check in and into electrical section.