Test Drive + $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Customized Raptor in the garage... trying to decide if he wants a Chevy or not?
True story.

I grew up on Chevys, and my first truck I bought was a chevy. However, you see now what's in my garage. I actually own two Raptors. Trading one in on the new Expedition. Yup, made the decision this morning. Going with the Expy.

It will be my first aluminum vehicle. And one with so much felt padding. What's up with that? 1d06e6b0ef88ba11251bae303296c7b6.jpge8ba7d19de15f79e2aecb6fc1955558e.jpgf7d70a1ea596dac1b9f68ff32f699bfe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True story.

I grew up on Chevys, and my first truck I bought was a chevy. However, you see now what's in my garage. I actually own two Raptors. Trading one in on the new Expedition. Yup, made the decision this morning. Going with the Expy.

It will be my first aluminum vehicle. And one with so much felt padding. What's up with that? 1d06e6b0ef88ba11251bae303296c7b6.jpge8ba7d19de15f79e2aecb6fc1955558e.jpgf7d70a1ea596dac1b9f68ff32f699bfe.jpg

Congrats on reaching a decision! I know how hard these first world problems can be, lol. But seriously congrats, I hope you enjoy it, a lot. And remember to post some pics for us to enjoy: https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...se-shiny-new-trucks.34305/page-79#post-312697

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on reaching a decision! I know how hard these first world problems can be, lol. But seriously congrats, I hope you enjoy it, a lot. And remember to post some pics for us to enjoy: https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...se-shiny-new-trucks.34305/page-79#post-312697
Thanks,
Now to get the dealer to work the final numbers.
I'm looking forward to the FX4 and what miss can be had, larger tires, aftermarket lighting, etc...

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Idk about towing mileage but riding unladen mileage the expys just as good up to a certain speed. The bigger tank in the competitors is missed though. With a 28 gallon tank my hwy mileage would go from 600 mte to 720 mte.

The solid axle might be better to tow but the softer suspension and weaker body/motor wouldnt do the gms any justice. The 6.2l is a good towing motor though. If ford bit the bullet and offered the expy with the 5.0, sales would triple imo and it would offer similar towing perfirmance, probably better.

Watchu plan on doing with the raptor?

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Idk about towing mileage but riding unladen mileage the expys just as good up to a certain speed. The bigger tank in the competitors is missed though. With a 28 gallon tank my hwy mileage would go from 600 mte to 720 mte.

The solid axle might be better to tow but the softer suspension and weaker body/motor wouldnt do the gms any justice. The 6.2l is a good towing motor though. If ford bit the bullet and offered the expy with the 5.0, sales would triple imo and it would offer similar towing perfirmance, probably better.

Watchu plan on doing with the raptor?
Keeping the one in the photo.
Selling this one.
5a3cf1b141be55956ce47a89129cca6d.jpgbdec6293550ceae99b2b089cdb19b33b.jpg

Mothnuts

Reaction score
Could you please elaborate on this? I've read a lot of similar comments but I'm not sure how exactly the Tahoe/Yukon's adaptive cruise sucks and/or in what ways the Expedition's system is better.

Sure, I drove the Tahoe today to go look at Yukon Denali’s and the Expedition so it’s fresh in my mind. I have the adaptive cruise in my F250 and really like it. It’s one of my favorite features. On the Tahoe there isn’t as much adjustment on the distance. There are three settings, and you have to go all the way close before you can go all the way back. On the Ford you can go forward and back. The Ford resumes your set speed when you hit your turn signal, allowing you to pick up speed without touching the gas pedal. The bigger deal with this is it doesn’t slow you way down as you approach a vehicle to pass like the Tahoe does if you signal to pass. The part I hate the worst is when you let off the gas pedal, it brakes to resume your set speed. You have to stay on the gas pedal, instead of letting it coast back to your set speed. That’s a habit thing, but when you are used to the Ford and you are on a 4 lane with someone close behind and you let off once you get around someone that you sped up to get around you almost get rear ended because you slow down so fast. If you stay in the gas pedal it starts giving you warnings and eventually kicks the cruise off. Otherwise, the braking when going around a curve on a 4 lane with someone right in front of you in the other lane is always nice surprise to you and anyone behind you. About got rear ended that way as well. By 4 lane I’m just talking regular 4 lane highways in western Kansas. My other pet peeve is when climbing an incline with the cruise set at 80, you’ll be going 75 by the top of the hill, and then it shifts down to get after it, but realizes you are on a decline and then brakes to slow you down. That’s not adaptive cruise as much as just not enough torque to hold speed. Again, we are talking western Kansas inclines. The biggest deal overall for me is the braking to resume your speed, instead of just coasting back down to your set speed. Having to turn the cruise control on every time you restart is a something I don’t care for on the Ford though. Hope that all makes sense. I don’t mind the Tahoe adaptive cruise on a regular 2 lane road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris420