The Expedition is listed in 2018's Longest Lasting Vehicle List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DontBeJeff

Reaction score
Fake news. Six percent achieve 200,000 miles? Either a lot of these are wrapped around trees, or they're just making stuff up. I don't think I've ever seen an Expedition in a junkyard with less than 200,000 miles.

A lot of people don't maintain their cars. No maintenance=in the junk yard. A lot of us on this forum do maintain - in fact, I would say most of us are here because at one time we where looking something up to fix our vehicles to keep it going. I have an '03 and the engine/transmission is just as strong as when it was originally purchased, and I would say it will stay that way for a long while to come. This does not make it fake news.

keg914

Reaction score
I have a 2003 with 218k on her. All of the mechanical components are still great! I haven't had a single problem out of the engine. The only issues I've had is with the suspension or the interior parts just flat out wearing. But that's to be expected.

Wegner44

Reaction score
I have 190,000 on my '03 and am finally doing suspension work. Engine runs like a top, no oil consumption and everything works as it should. Basic maintenance and upkeep makes for a reliable vehicle that will take care of you for years and years. The only way I get rid of this one is if it gets crashed.

jparadee

Reaction score
Longest lasting, heck yeah. Just gave away my 2000EB with 292000 miles.

Got a new 2017 EL XLT to replace it.