The Waze update is out, who is using it instead of the native navigation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have played with this several times, I have looked on line for help. I must be missing something simple, when I click on synch apps with my iPhone and Waze on and using usb, sync doesn’t find waze... I have gotten car play to work, but not the sync apps.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have played with this several times, I have looked on line for help. I must be missing something simple, when I click on synch apps with my iPhone and Waze on and using usb, sync doesn’t find waze... I have gotten car play to work, but not the sync apps.
And you are sure your phone is updated? It didn’t work for me the first time either but a power cycle of the phone solved my problem.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Reset everything, also can’t get ford Alexa to show up either. Could I have a wrong setting on my phone?

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct, when I use CarPlay it works fine. Only get sync apps button if car play is turned off.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s help. I plugged the phone into the bottom usb, and it all worked... crazy... can’t wait to try waze tomorrow going to work.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The waze app worked well. I like how it works with sync better than CarPlay. I think I will only take the time to use it for when I am going out of town.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Used waze on our trip over the holiday, and it was nice. The only issue I had was you could not use travel link. With all the rain we had in Fl, I missed that when I had waze plunged in.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've used Waze once on a short trip. Love it on my phone, not sure with how glitchy it is on Sync 3 that I can use it on long trips. Hopefully there will be an update that fixes that issue. The current version of Apple Maps works great and I am using that as my go to navigation app.